1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by invincibletoday, Aug 1, 2010.

1. invincibletoday

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Im in quite the good mood right now because last night at like 1 AM I told my mom and step-dad that not only am I at least bisexual (leaning muchly toward girls... very very much) but I also have a girlfriend as of a few days ago who I like just completely insanely. I really wanted to do this conversation with them sooner than later mostly for my girlfriend because I didn't feel like it was fair to her that I was hiding us from anyone. I definately feel lucky because it was a fairly easy conversation. I cried. A lot. But I actually didn't have to really say very much because as soon as I told them I had to tell them something they told me they already knew. So I've learnt that I am not talented in the way of hiding all of the non-straightness that I possess :lol:

I was really scared leading up to the conversation because my stepdad tends to be rather uncomfortable with anything he sees as strange. Lets just say he has a big mouth about it. He was very open to the whole conversation though which I was really happy about.

I only see my father every few weeks or so, so him and my sister who lives with him are the next in line to tell next time I see them in person. Other than that mostly everyone either knows or doesnt really matter at this point. So I'm excited! Yay.
    Sorry Ive been rambling. I just wanted to say it and this seemed like the right place :slight_smile:

2. Jeremy

Awwww!!! That's so awesome!!! I'm glad they were so understanding!!! Also it really helps having a significant other as your support. I'd want to wait before I'm in a relationship before I let my parents know. It just seems like it would be less stressful that way. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. fringelunatic

Congratulations; I'm quite envious, I'm still trying to work out the details of telling my parents, nut it's really reassuring to read other people's success stories :grin:.

:eusa_clap

4. silentsound

That's great! I'm happy for you!

5. jazzrawr

Your parents are awesome and so are you ^_^ <3 <3

6. invincibletoday

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok! Dad and sister know now! Whoo! :slight_smile:
    Thank you! :grin:

7. Jeremy

Awesome!!! I wish I could just tell my family, but I keep telling myself that I don't have to.. because well... I don't! :grin: lol