1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin is also gay! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheEdend, Aug 8, 2010.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I have been out for maybe 10 months now and it has been pretty much the best thing that I have ever done. It still bothered me that no one from my extended family knew about me and that I had to hide my boyfriend whenever they showed up. That all ended last yesterday or at least its a start haha :slight_smile:

My cousin has always been pro gay and all of that stuff. Even when I was strongly against it at ene point xD We used to have really heated debates - I know xDD Either way, I decided that if I was going to tell anyone it should be my her. Long story short, I told her and she also came out to me! haha It feels soooo good knowing that I'm not the only "freak" in the family :grin:

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Congrats!

My second cousin is gay. :3

3. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

What a fantastic surprise! :grin:
    That must've felt really good.
    Congrats! :slight_smile:

4. Jeremy

Awesome! I'm pretty sure I'm the lonely black sheep in my family. Lol, but oh well! :grin:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

That's cool!! No one in my family is gay, atleast not to my knowing.

6. Just Adam

congrats...only gay sorta guy here too haha

7. Iniquity

That's good to know. You'll always have at least one ally in the fam. It's the same for me, and he was the first person I told. Glad you have someone to relate and talk to in this respect now.

8. Stuie

I have about 80 something immediate relatives and I'm the only one who I know is gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There has to be at least one other person. Although a lot of my cousins are too young to have thought about it, but one of them would make an awesome lesbian. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. RedKnight

i believe that im the only person who likes the same sex in my family. i could be mistaken but i dont believe i am since like all my cosins are in their late 20s at least

10. Blakus

woww congratts!
    I can't imagine anyone else coming out in my family, my uncle is really homophobic and he's doing so many 'man' things with his son. I think he's worried that my cousin is going to be gay. deary me

11. Root

That's awesome! I wish I knew somebody in my family that gay or bi... would be cool :slight_smile:

12. AlyssWonderland

Lucky, haha! Congrats! I wish I had someone LGBT in my family to relate to...

13. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Thanks guys :slight_smile:
    It seriously is awesome. We spent the whole night just talking about things AND I can complain about how homophobic my fam can be with someone else! super cool hahah xDD

She is completely inside the closet except for me and my fam. My mom was super cool about it and she gave my cousin the support she needed. I'm so proud of her :grin:

I kind of think its a dream haha too cool to be my life xDD

14. Connor22

YAY I've a gay cousin too but he's like... in london and his family aren't too fond of him, I like him but I think I'm the only one who does any way YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy
    for your cousin

15. george678

16. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations,must have been a great time for her as well coming out to a gay cousin and having a great supporting aunty all at once.If you can support each other your on to a winner.

Once word gets around your family that your both gay,how many more cousins could come creeping out of the closet?haha

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Aww awsome lol

18. Miss Bubbles

so many gay and bi family members its hard to keep track lol

19. xequar

That's awesome! One of my cousins came out to me when I came out to him, actually. I'm sure I have gay relatives on my dad's side of the family, too, since my dad's number nine of 13 children, so that side is huge. Out of the literally several hundred relatives on that side of the family, at least one of them has to be gay.

20. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats!! That's great :slight_smile: I know how you feel, I have three other gay people in my family and it's great! Family get-togethers are insanely fun when I'm with them because we can be ourselves and laugh. I still have yet to come out to my uncle, who is gay, but I'm pretty sure he knows...