1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out is continuous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mogget, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Mogget

And right now, that annoys me. I just put up a Facebook post saying I'm gay, not so much to come out to anyone, but because people still don't all know six months after I came out. And if I do it again for national coming out day, I'll still probably surprise some people, even though it says "Interested in: Men" right there on my page. Anyone else ever just get annoyed by the presumption of straightness?

2. Walolas

Wait when is national coming out day?!?

3. RaeofLite

October 11th is national coming out day.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

^the day before my birthday!! :slight_smile:

I know like all of my distant family doesn't know that I'm gay, but honestly I don't really talk to them anyways so it doesn't matter to me. The way I look at is that if someone were to ask me about girls, I would be honest and try not to chicken out of telling them the truth.

5. concklin

If anyone assumes I'm straight, or never got the "memo" that I'm not, I just roll with it and tell the truth if the subject comes up. I've come out to my close friends. And then put up on my facebook that I'm interested in men, but I don't make sure that everyone knows. If they know, then good, if they don't then whatever, I'll tell them if I need to. But there are many that I don't need to tell.

Basically if there's no reason to tell anyone, I don't tell them. But I don't lie.

So don't continue the effort of posting that you're gay. But don't hide it at all. Find that middle ground.

6. george678

Congrat's on putting it on your Facebook.

In the UK National coming out day is the 12th Of October!

7. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Not everyone looks at the interested in. I've had a few people who, just recently i had to 'tell' even tho my interested in has said that for over a year.