1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really?!?!? No way!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Courtneyyy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Courtneyyy

So, for the past two months I have been working for a Christian, non profit organization that operates somwhat like a summer camp, but during the day the campers do home repair work in houses on Native American reservations. My job was to organize the construction projects and teach the high school campers how to do the projects. Anywho, during these two months I was living in a classroom with 6 other people that were on staff with me. Needless to say we got pretty close, living together and working together.

One day I was talking with two of my co staffers, Adam and Andy. I'm not entirely sure how the conversation came about but it went something like this:

Adam: So, Courtney, what is your type?
    Me: (hesitates for a bit) Girl
    Andy: What??! You're...?No way! I had no idea.
    Me: Yep.
    Adam: No, I don't believe you, why did you wait so long to say it?
    Me: Because I was debating whether or not I was going to say it.
    Andy: Hahaha

Adam & Andy then make jokes about me and another girl on staff. They then kinda drop the subject. A few minutes later.....

Adam: So Courtney, you never did tell us, what is your type???
    Me: I just told you.
    Adam: No really, like I'm serious.
    Me: Yeah, I am too.
    Adam: Okay, whatever.
    ----------------------------------------

I guess I could have been more assertive and been like "dude, I like girls", but it took every ounce of courage I had to say what I said. I guess what sucks about being a very feminine girl is that people won't believe you when you come out to them.

Anyone else have the problem of people just not believing you??

2. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I haven't come out to anyone. I gotta say though, I admire you for just being flat out with them about it lol I know I could never do anything like that lol.

3. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Congrats for coming out, maybe they did believe you though, maybe they still wanted to know your type (type of girl that is)...

4. Eric

Congratulations, it takes guts for doing what you did. :slight_smile:

When I come out a little more, I get the feeling people would have the same kind of reaction because I'm really not feminine at all.

5. zzzzzz13

Nice one on coming out to those guys :slight_smile:

I have to admit quite a few people have been like youre sooooo not. It is the most annoying thing ever and i have to admit im thinking about gaying up a bit lol so i dont have to 'prove' my gayness sooo much

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had people be surprised, but never somebody straight-up not believe me. If anyone did, I'd just shrug it off. You've told them - they don't have to believe it for it to be true. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. MagicalMatt

Maybe they believed you and honestly wanted to know what kind of girl you were into?

8. Jeremy

Lol, I hear ya. I have the same problem of people not believing me (like my mom >_>). And here I am always freaking about people suspecting or knowing about me when in all actuality they don't even believe me when I tell them! lol