1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told through a crack in the door

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GQMan, Mar 27, 2005.

1. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm still in high school and not completly out. I did tell one person though. It wasn't that hard because of all people I knew, I knew he would take it well. He's just not the homophobic type and some people think he is gay himself(he's not). We were outside watching some other friends play basketball and also watching football occasionally. So I was playing around and saw a friend walking by in the distance, I said his name and said under my breath that he was hot. He heard and said I was gay. I denied it, and he said "I'll just wait for you to tell the truth." So I said, "The truth is...I am gay." he said really and I said yes. Then he got a little quiet for awhile and that was kinda it. He pointed out these two hot guys walking back from somewhere and I was like yeah.

He kinda got distant, but still my friend. It wasnt until after this online draft pick for fantasy baseball-a week later-that we actually talking about me being gay. Thats when he finally said, I won't treat you any differently. Which is great. It went back to normal and I feel we are better friends.

2. Micah

Congrats, im glad it went well for you :grin:

Im curious if it has strengthened your friendship at all? Having the ability to just be yourself around him and all.

3. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it has strengthened our friendship a little more. I can be more of myself but not that much because people are always around us. We do talk online a lot though. I still talk about girls with him though.

4. Aaron

Aaron Guest

You'll find that a lot. When you tell people, whether it is concious or not, they feel better knowing that you are completely honest with them. When someone knows they have that honesty from someone, the friendship tends to develop immensly. Good luck in the future! :thumbsup:

5. goratrix

I told a friend (just one). And now she's trying to set me up with some of her friends... lol.

6. Don

Don Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family