1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my best friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jodonnell825, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jodonnell825

jodonnell825 Guest

well, first id like to say thank you, honestly. vie always been a lurker on this site, and today, I finally got up the courage to tell my best friend. it was not easy. to say the least, lol. even as I was instant messaging him I would glance over to other coming out stories for the courage to keep going. he has always made gay jokes and stuff like that, so I was a bit wary. After I convinced him I wasn't joking, he was completely fine with it. In fact his words were, no worries bro. lmao I'm just a million times more relieved. i don't know when I can tell my family, and i don't know if it will be soon. but i just seriously wanted to thank everyone here for the help.

and to anyone who's afraid to come out to a friend, all I can say is, if they're truly your best friend, and you trust them, do it. :icon_bigg

2. foofighter

That's exactly how felt after coming out to my really close friends. Glad to hear he handled it well. Congrats!

3. george678

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

And I am so glad you came out to your best friend, it is a weight of your shoulders, come out to your family when your ready...And what I say is 'If they don't accept the fact your Gay, then there not your friend' :slight_smile:

4. lunaj92

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think you should always tell your best friend first so u have support to tell your parents so good luck and congratz