1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm done denying it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by No One, Sep 6, 2010.

1. No One

So I have come to the realization recently that I really just don't care who knows anymore. With that said I have decided that I am not going to deny it anymore. I'm not going to really "come out" in the sense that I make people know through Facebook and such, and I probably never will, because I don't really want to. I think of being gay as only part of me and I really don't want it to define me.

Basically this means that if people ask me, I'm not going to say no. I may not necessarily say yes, but I wont say no. It will probably be more of a "Are you gay? -- What do you think?" deal.

I am just so sick of wondering who knows and who doesn't, and on occasion, fretting about it. Now I just don't care. They all already think I'm gay, and all my friends know, so it's not like me no longer denying it is going to have ANY effect on my life what so ever.

Chances are, I will still avoid the subject with my parentals, but who knows what will happen.

It's actually kinda a weight off my shoulders. =)

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming to that decision! It's a major step forward in loving yourself and accepting yourself. It probably is wise to keep the denial up with your parents given the history, particularly if they are paying for college or otherwise still supporting you. But once you're in a position where you are no longer relying on their support, I think you'll be a lot happier living authentically. :slight_smile:

3. peaceandlies

yey. another closet starts to fall apart. Congrats, and i hope it goes well.

4. concklin

Congrats on your decision! It's a great feeling to not care anymore. It's definitely a "weight off the shoulders" kind of feeling.

It only gets better from that point on.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! It's great to here that you're taking a big step. :slight_smile:

6. Shebbs

:slight_smile: Congrats, babycakes. <3 Hope everything goes awesomely! I loves you!

7. kettlkorn

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

8. Jeremy

I feel like I'm in the same boat to be honest. Homosexuality is irrelevant information about a person. It really doesn't matter who's attracted to what, and I'm tired of telling people I'm attracted to something I'm not just to avoid unnecessary attention (negative or positive) because the fact is, it doesn't really deserve any more attention than the fact of being left or right handed. I'm definitely done denying it, but I don't know that I'm taking the healthiest approach to it. I typically find myself acting condescending towards those who still think it's such a big deal and act so surprised to find out I'm gay. Like for example I often get "You know so and so? He's gay too," to which I'd probably reply "You know so and so, well he's straight." I guess I just want people to realize that homosexuality doesn't define people, so I end up using my avoidance of denial as a means of informing those who really don't have any idea what homosexuality really is - an attraction to the same sex, nothing more.