1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I kindof came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Heyitsme, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was talking to a friend of mine on Facebook about random stuff as always. She's a really good friend and we always do fun and stupid stuff together, but we haven't really known too much about each other on the inside, so we decided to ask for each other's deepest darkest secrets. One of hers eventually came down to if I was interested in anybody at our school. It sort of went like this:
    Her: So, anyone you've got your eye on now?
    Me: Nobody that would want me.
    Her: what do you mean?
    Me: They're straight.

So she proceeds to ask me who it is, and I tell her my two current crushes (who happen to be two gorgeous identical twins :slight_smile: ). She said "Sucks that they're straight. You and M (her gay friend) could have one each, lol."
    I never directly said I was gay, because I think labels are for soup cans and she is one of the few people who knew that I was questioning my sexuality back in the day anyway; but I told her that I am now comfortable with who I am, and she was very supportive of me. It's great having such an open-minded friend like her :slight_smile:

But wow, this was seriously quite nerve-wracking to say, even though she was the one person I knew would still accept me no matter what. I don't know how I'm gonna do this with everyone :icon_sad:

Edited: Because I somehow forgot to mention that this was my first coming out. I'm so happy about it :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. Holmes

That's it really, all there's is too it. For many people, the first person they tell is no bigger deal than this.

Well done!

3. Impractical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations!
    As for telling everyone else, don't rush anything. Do things when you feel ready. Don't feel pressured into coming out to people you are not ready to.
    That being said, if you think you are ready but just need a small dose of courage, think of how happy it made you after you told your first person :slight_smile:

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for your first coming out (*hug*) that is a huge step done, the first coming out seems to be the hardest one for most people.
    As for coming out to other people, take your time, there is no rush. Coming out is not a race. But now that you have done the first step, the next ones are going to be easier and easier.
    Let us know how you're doing. (*hug*) Cécile

5. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

Personally, I've found that just casually mentioning it to people is like 100 times easier than just saying, "Hey, guess what. I'm gay." Congrats on your first coming out! I'm glad it was such a positive experience. : )

6. x2x2x2x2y2

7. yourillusion

Congrats! That sounds like it went really well and was totally natural and not a big deal. :slight_smile:

8. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the congrats, everybody!

This has been working out great, so far. My friend and I unfortunately haven't gotten the chance to talk about this in person, since there's been some bad drama at school involving one of her good friends, so we've been trying to sort that out. But from what we've said on Facebook, there are about four other people at school (her boyfriend, her gay friend, her younger brother, and our other friend) in our friend group that we know would be okay with this for the most part. She's promised to help me come out to them when I'm ready, and to help them get accustomed to the idea so that it won't be seen as a big deal at all (which really shouldn't take that long at all, since they're good people). After that, I've got nothing set, but I'm really looking forward to being able to be my true self to at least a few people :slight_smile:

And to quote:
    I've found the same thing. I was ready to tell my friend about a month ago, but nothing happened in now because she never brought anything even remotely related up in conversation until recently, because she doesn't think other people's sexualities are her business to ask for.

I'll be sure to update you guys as things happen!