1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today was a good day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Walolas, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Walolas

So following my big hint dropped to my family I then cashed my first check from work, worked a bit at my old house, filled my car's gas tank, picked up the friend that got me my job from work and hit the movies. Let us call him G.

Well anyways we hit up the movie Easy A this afternoon instead of Devil. I am glad we saw the movie cause it was really good. After the movie we went to my best friend J's place and we killed each other in Halo 3 for a couple hours. After a while G needed to get his blood sugar up a bit (he is diabetic) so me and him went around the corner to grab food since J wasn't interested in eating.

We hit up a pizza place and ordered some subs. While we were eating the news channel that was on started talking about DADT not being repelled today. We started discussing it and he said at one point "I don't really care what they do with their free time. They should be allowed to join the military."

Now I only really know this guy from school so this gave me a green light in my head to come out to him. I responded by saying, "Well I definetly don't care because I am gay." He stopped eating and was completely shocked saying "You don't seem the type. Although this would explain why you never talked about having a girlfriend."

After the meal I drove him home. On the way back he tried to apologize for a gay joke he said earlier but I just told him its ok. I feel like gay jokes are fine once in a while and occassionally they are actually kinda funny but they only get on my nerves when the carry on too long or are done too often. But today I dropped a big hint to my family and another friend now knows. I am pretty happy with today :grin:

2. Zero Beat

Was the meal nice? xD

YAY. I'm glad it went well :grin:

3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for telling your friend :slight_smile: