1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out quite a bit more :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlyssWonderland, Sep 23, 2010.

1. AlyssWonderland

I completely forgot to post a thread about this, but over the summer I met this really nice girl Meghan, and we started dating for a short time, but it didn't work out because we were both really closeted and it was just difficult. This gave me the push I desperately needed to come out more, and YAY! It worked!

At the start of this new school year, I basically stopped caring completely about who I'm out to. If someone asks I'll answer saying yes I'm bi, and no I don't just support gay rights because my best friend is gay. I've stopped keeping track of how many people I've come out to, its well over forty. I came out to around 25 people personally before I stopped caring.

Right after school started, I was out to eat with my mom and she randomly asked me if I had a crush on my friend Hailey too... This kinda freaked me out. I tried coming out to my parents last October and they didn't believe me, saying it was a phase. And then out of nowhere a year later she's okay with it? She also asked me if I was out to my brother yet, and since I really don't like him, we're just going to let him figure it out on his own when I change my facebook relationship status to 'in a relationship with *enter female here*'. She told me that over the past year, my father has also accepted me. :icon_bigg It took a bit longer than I hoped, but I'm just glad that its over with now.

I'd just like to say, it feels AMAZING to be out. Amazing. I don't even know. I thought I was content being the most obvious closet case ever. Nope! So much better now :slight_smile: Yay! I've also already helped some of my more closeted gay friends come out now. They were afraid to before because they didn't know how people at our school would react. Now that I'm out and I haven't been bullied really, they know that its safe. I'm really glad I made an influence too. Pretty much all of my feelings are indescriably overjoyed. (!)

All thats left is my extended family, most of which is more accepting than my own parents, though I'm not sure how they would feel about me. I know that my older cousin Kevin had a little stage of confusion/experimentation and my aunt and his Kevin's siblings were completely okay with it. That's a relief, but I'm not sure how my grandparents or my other aunts and uncles would react. That's a little ways off for now, I'm just going to enjoy being out at school. ♥

2. yourillusion

Congrats! Must feel good! And congrats on the facebook status change too. That can be tough enough. I hope things keep looking up for you. :slight_smile:

3. Frer3

Good for you for leading the way!!

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! Hope your brother takes it well when he figures it out. :slight_smile: