1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm pretty much totally out now!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by netlord80, Sep 26, 2007.

1. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mentioned in another thread that I was thinking of posting a "Coming Out" video on youtube. Well, I posted that tonight. So far so good. I've gotten one positive response and no negatives thus far.

I've told all of the family that I actually talk to. I was actually suprised by the reactions that I got. My father said "different strokes for different folks" and my mother was just like "ok, whatever". It was such a non issue.

This is a direct quote from a message I recieved on YouTube in response to my video (this is from a straight guy) "As for the coming out thing: I, for one, respect the hell out of you for doing it " It was not at all what I expected. I will include the links to my sites below if you want to check them out.

I actually updated my MySpace page first. If you look at it, there is no question about my sexuality. I found a few cool Bi Pride images that are on there. I feel so much better having come out now. I don't feel like I am living in fear any more.

I see it this way..if you can't accept me for who I am, then it's your loss.

Just wanted to tell my story. I hope it can help others to take this step as well.

da links:

MySpace Profile:
    http://www.myspace.com/netlord80

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/netlord80

The Coming out Vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cck3rOTPfSM

Anthony

2. Louise

Congratulation, I hope your story will inspire others on the brink. thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :wow: That's so cool!! :eusa_clap

I admire you for doing that! And also, many of the things you say in that video I can personally relate to. It's like you almost said what's on my mind as well :grin:

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

What a huge step in your life.I applaud you:eusa_clap .Congrats on getting good reactions!

5. pirateninja

I watched your video and am struck by your bravery and honesty and I'm really really glad that your family are cool with it.

6. Torture

Torture Guest

Congrats! :slight_smile:

7. Bryan

Cool Congrats !

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats.

I know it's easy to say but we all fear others' reactions to coming out. However, the more coming-out stories I read, the more I realise that there are so many accepting people out there that I wonder why we're always scared to come out. As I said, it's very easy for me to say.........

As for your parents' reactions - WICKED.. (In the UK that means great. Hopefully, it has the same meaning elsewhere!!!!)

Well done :eusa_clap

9. godfather

godfather Guest

wow well done:eusa_clap i saw the video and it was really helpful i hav a friend who wants to come out so i may direct him to youtube thanks for that.:icon_bigg

10. iellow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    nice video. Congratulations!!

11. behind closet doors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    well done!! congrats!

12. InaRut

:grin: Wow you are very brave. Coming out to youtube is a big and brave step...Well finish line? lol. Specially with all those "Internet people" out there, it was very brave.

Now I'm jealous.
    Not as jealous as curious about what is on your comp screen.
    I see a dragon?