1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to use my blog to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Shyvin, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Shyvin

[REMOVED] (About Me page and second post...)

If I gave my friends and family a link to my blog they would discover I am....you know....gay.

I've been thinking about the method for a while now, and this just seems....smart?

What do you guys think?

2. tm74

tm74 Guest

I think you need to read the big red box at the top of the page.

Otherwise, I'm not sure people who already know you will drill into the 'about me' page - if you want to come out, it's better to be more forward (in my opinion) as you're relying on other people stumbling on the right page.

3. peaceandlies

erm, i dunno what was there before - a link i'm guessing, but if you could post the about me section, removing info that isnt allowed here, then it would help.

i'd say in person, or sending a letter/would be better. i can copy my come out letter to my parents here if you want. you can use it as a template

---------- Post added 28th Sep 2010 at 06:15 PM ----------

erm, i dunno what was there before - a link i'm guessing, but if you could post the about me section, removing info that isnt allowed here, then it would help.

i'd say in person, or sending a letter/would be better. i can copy my come out letter to my parents here if you want. you can use it as a template

4. Chandra

I started a personal blog that I linked to from my Facebook profile, for the sole purpose of writing out my thoughts on being attracted to both sexes. I figured if anyone was curious enough about me to creep my profile, they'd find the link. Quite a few people have done so in the year or so it's been up.

To be honest, I like this method of coming out a lot. It has worked well for me, because I'm not the kind of person who likes to make a big deal out of my personal life. Also, in writing I'm able to express myself clearly and on my own terms, instead of fumbling and mumbling while awkwardly trying to answer somebody's questions. So I would say that if you feel that you're the kind of person who expresses yourself better in writing than in person, then yes, give it a try.