1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my dad.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by blackpoe66, Sep 28, 2007.

1. blackpoe66

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, my dad lives about 4 hours from where I do, and we don't really have the greatest relationship. We only see each other about 1 or 2 times a year. Anyway, how should I come out to him? :help:

2. pirateninja

I don't know. You know your dad a lot better than anyone else and when considering coming out to anyone you do have to think about the worst possible scenario. If you really truly feel he needs to know, then I say go for it. Some parents may be releived that their kids are willing to tell them stuff. You may feel a hell of a lot better after telling him, but I say just go with what you feel is right.

3. SpikySpice

Well, since you and your dad dont talk to ech other much, you can call him on the phone someday as you ready and tell him

You can use the email , too, which is much easier, it dosent require much strength like talking faced to face or on the phone

Letters is another thing, and it is your own handwritting, so he will feel closer to you