1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to family pt 2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Walolas, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Walolas

So about 2 weeks ago I made a post about informing my family about the AGLY I have been attending without them asking me if I was gay afterwards. Well that has changed tonight.

I came home from a pretty boring meeting to some cold sloppy joes on the stove. My mom reheated them for me and as I waited to grab my first sandwich she asked how the meeting went. This is how it went from there:

"It was fine."
    "Are you going to this group to meet new people to find new friends?"
    "Kinda.":dry:
    "Because if you are going cause you think you're gay or transgender I'm here if you need help.(*hug*)"
    "Mom, I'm not trans..."
    "I didn't think you were, :lol:, but..."
    "I am gay though. I didn't want to tell you yet though cause I didn't need you worrying about it at all while you are looking for a job or dealing with the house."
    "Why would I worry? I'm dating a trans man. I love you all the same."
    "I know but still..."
    "Well I had my stress test today and it seems I didn't have a heart attack in June."
    "Wait... WHAT?!?!":eek:

So it seems the most emotion out of my coming out to my mom was from me being surprised that she might of had a heart attack in June and that she didn't tell me cause she didn't want me to worry...

Now I'm probably gonna write a quick email to my brother informing him so he doesnt hear it from someone else and then I'm off to change my interested in on facebook. All the people I cared to inform know now. Thank you all for your advise and support! You have all been a great help!

PS. This is what I just sent to my brother over facebook:

Ya so I thought it would be nice to tell you this instead of you hearing it some other way. Wasn't planning on telling you this for a while but whatever I just told mom so I guess I will tell you.

You got a gay brother. Deal with it.

P.S. Mom had a heart attack. You should call her. K thxs bye

#1 Walolas, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Awsome!!! not awsome bout your mum having a heart attack though

3. Walolas

Well the stress test said she didn't. Seems she just had chest pain.

4. Soharo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Amazing Story
    I wish I had a family like yours
    Mine just makes bad jokes about gays wich is not very supportive :icon_sad:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! :slight_smile: And I'm glad that your mom is ok.

6. Notreallysure

I am more worried about putting it on facebook than telling family! Haha. Congrats man.

7. Eleanor Rigby

Confratulations for telling your family (*hug*) and I hope your mother won't have any more health problems (*hug*)

8. TriBi

Hehe - I have to say that looking at your note to your bro it reads a bit like 'your Mom had a heart attack because you told her you were gay'! Be interesting to see what he says/does. :wink:

OK - maybe it's just my weird sense of humour - glad it all went so well - and that your Mom didn't have a heart attack...

9. Walolas

Got a response from my brother:

word...congrats on coming out man

That's it. Kinda was expecting/slightly wanting something a bit of a bigger reaction cause with him I would of assumed some over reaction just for kicks with him probably being just as accepting. A bit out of character for him for just that nice short answer...