1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sent an email to roommates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by adam88, Oct 8, 2010.

1. adam88

So, after a month of attempting to bring up my sexual orientation in person and failing miserably (chickening out), I just manned up and sent an email to my roommates. I had originally planned to do this in august before we all moved in together, but a string of not being able to open my mouth to say the words let it get this far.

Anyways, I let them know I'm bi, and that I plan to be open to all starting on the 11th (National Coming Out Day, and, incidentally, Thanksgiving. :grin:). One of my roommates is dating a bisexual woman and the other is gay, so I don't really forsee any difficulties arising in this. I'm just glad I got it over with.

I'll share the reactions if they're worth sharing when I get them. :slight_smile:

2. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Isn't it funny how difficult we can make coming out when we know the people we plan to come out to will be fine with it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

Anyways, congrats on coming out! I hope we get to hear about their positive response soon.

3. yourillusion

Congrats on "getting it over with"! How many roomates do you have? I hope you will have a great outcome and maybe it will lead to you all being more open and friendly with each other. :slight_smile:

I'm curious if you're planning anything specific for 'Coming Out Day'? I'm thinking of sending an email to my dad and letting him know that day. And possibly changing facebook profile info.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have noticed a pattern with that myself.

Great going Adam, I hope it all works out for ya :thumbsup:

5. adam88

Lol thanks for the replies. :slight_smile: Neither of my two roommates have mentioned the email I sent, and I've seen them both several times since. I'll just go under the assumption that they have read it, as I'm nearly certain they have. It's not bothering me.

In any case, my coming out day plans involved changing my Facebook status to "i'm bi, in case you didn't know that already" and changing my "interested in" which has generated a few nice responses, including one from aforementioned roommate's girlfriend, and from a good friend of mine in Japan. :slight_smile: I'm glad I did it.