1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Ready To Destroy My Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lebowski45, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Lebowski45

So, I'm hoping that within the next few days I'll be able to change my status to "out to everyone", it's still awkward and nerve wracking telling people, however I'm becoming more and more confident in just being able to say "I'm gay". It feels weird, but in a good way. Two more of my friends now know, although I didn't tell either face to face. I couldn't tell one in person when I'd planned to, so I texted him later that day to tell him, and he was cool with it, saying nothing would change. I've seen him since and nothing has. Same story with the other, who I told last night, told him over msn and it was fine, the least surprised reaction I've had. He's the same around me too. I was on a roll and was going to tell another (potentially less accepting) friend, because I thought we'd be alone but we weren't, so I postponed it. Hopefully I'll get an opportunity tonight again to tell the rest, I don't care if its msn or text or even face to face, I just want it to be known now, get it out the way, and get on with my life :slight_smile:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I don't care if its msn or text or even face to face, I just want it to be known now, get it out the way, and get on with my life

And that's precisely the right attitude to have. "Let's get this out of the way - I've got a life to live." Go kick ass. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,you should feel really proud of the way you have managed your whole coming out.You have pushed yourself to the edge of your comfort zone and managed to tell family members face to face and getting the time right for a good outcome.

Once your out to a few, its often easier with less close friends to mention something that makes it obvious your gay,then say"you know im gay dont you",then carry on as normal.No big deal from you often means no big deal from whoever but if they question you on anything dont panic just keep positive and answer confidently.

Well done

4. Lebowski45

Thank you both :slight_smile: I just destroyed that closet for good!! Still struggled to tell people in person so I thought, "to hell with it" and just sent out texts! I just wanted it to be known and get it out the way. All responses have been extremely positive. I have no intention of going out my way to tell any other randoms in my life because I don't think its relevant, but I'll be honest if it comes up. I don't feel the need to declare my sexuality to everyone though, its my business. I just wanted the people closest to me to know. Everyone else can find out for themselves. I just need to tell my oldest brother, and I think I'll just send him a text tonight aswell, so that he knows.

I feel so happy, it's such a relief. Coming out was the best thing I've ever done in my life, because now I can actually enjoy life without this constantly hanging over me :slight_smile:

EC, and particularly everyone who's posted on my threads with advice, I owe you a great deal of gratitude. It was the final encouragement (and in a way, kick up the backside) that I needed just to deal with this, and finally accept myself. Thank you! :grin:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

That's great!! Congrats!! :slight_smile:

6. Eleanor Rigby

(*hug*) Congratulations :slight_smile: I am happy for you everyone had been supportive so far. My God, do you realize all the steps you have done in such a short amount of time ? You can be proud of yourself ! :kiss: Cécile

7. Lebowski45

Thank you both :slight_smile: And yeah, I have surprised myself about how quickly its all came out, but I'm pleased it has. Its a huge weight off my shoulders