1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out At College

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Happy Vampire, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Happy Vampire

So for the past few days I have been slowly coming out here at college. The first person I told was my best friend down here and she has been a great supporter since. She helped me last night when I told three of my dorm mates. All three of them took it well. One was actually thrilled that I told him I was gay.
    Then today at lunch I told three more people in our group. None of them found it surprising and are glad I am finally coming out. But one did tell me bad news. She told me my friend from back home and my current room mate will not take my coming out in a good way. Apparently if I come out it might be the deal breaker in our friendship. But oddly I'm alright with this. If he has a problem it is his lose because I'm sick of hiding.
    So besides him I still have about 7 or 8 friends to tell down here until I will be out to all my friends down here. I'm just so happy right now. I no longer have to censor what I say aqnd that itself is a great freedom. I can't wait till everyone knows.

2. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats and good luck!! :slight_smile:

3. Happy Vampire

Alright so I have an update. I told almost everyone. I still have two but both of them were both too busy today to get a hold of them.
    The one friend I was most scared of wasn't a big deal. I was told he would be an issue but he actually is a bit supportive. He said he will never go to a pride rally with me but he was grateful that I told him.
    But with such wonderful reactions from people I wish I told everyone last year.

4. Danny19

congrats!! im doing the same. Im told evryone i used to know from High school in college. And now i kinda dont care if anyone at college finds out. At home, well its a different story haha...

5. Happy Vampire

Ya, I don't think I'm ready to tell people back home.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good to hear its going well. Remeber friends come and friends go, but you have to live you the whole time. :icon_wink

7. Eleanor Rigby

I'm happy for you things are going well so far. Congratulations (*hug*)

8. valerievalerie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Big congrats. I'm at a college in Ohio, too. Haven't been quite as brave as you yet. Hope all continues to go well :slight_smile: