1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Taurusguy92, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Taurusguy92

I've never really come out to anyone in my family before, only my really close friends most of who are also LGBT ppl. So ya, I'm kinda stressing myself out, but I figured considering today I should try to come out who seems to be the most supportive in my family of this kind of thing. Here's the I guess kind of letter although I'm trying to decide whether to email or txt her.

I have to tell you something very important. I’ve given this a lot of thought especially on who to tell and how to say it. I know it might seem odd telling you I guess you would say kind of officially before my parents, but let’s just say… it’s kind of hard to tell them and I had a feeling you might already know. Well I suppose I should just get down to it considering what today is. I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while now and I know I’m at least bi, but I seem to have a preference for guys, not sure if I’m completely gay though. But ya… ok I said it. Please don’t tell anyone else yet. I don’t know how they will react, I know they’re my family and they love me, but it’s hard. I just thought I’d tell you, because you’re always so supportive and you have a lot of LGBT people in your office. I love you sooooo much and you’ve always been there for me so thank you!!

tell me what you guys think

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, take a deep breath. You have already done the hard part. You have started to think about it and written out the things that you want the other person to know. That's already a good start! :thumbsup:

Given that it is something a bit longer, I think e-mailing would make more sense at this point. I have added a few things, feel free of course to ignore the changes/edits. :slight_smile:

3. Taurusguy92

Even after I made the changes I wanted to make... It still took quite a bit to put it in the email and send it... but I did. I figured that if I just had to or else I'd never do it. Now all I have to do is wait for a response... I'm like shaking in nervousness

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on sending it! Well done! :slight_smile:

Breath and tell yourself, you picked that person for a very good reason. From what you have mentioned in your letter/e-mail you know that she is supportive.

What to do? Go outside, go for a walk, or run, call up a couple of friends and give yourself a breather and distract yourself a bit. You have done what you felt you needed to do. It is going to be fine! (*hug*)

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks like a good plan from here. Good luck, I'm sure they'll be understanding

6. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! Hope you get a good reply. Keep us posted!! :slight_smile:

7. Taurusguy92

I honestly don't know why I was so nervous... Everything went great!!!! She's so great!!! She said she was honored by the fact that I trusted her that much and that she just loves me!!!

8. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad that it went so well for you! Awesomeness! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on it all!

9. Taurusguy92

I LOVE HOW GOOD IT FEELS!!!! oh and she did already kind of know