1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to 2 More People

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zec24, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Zec24

So in the last few days I have managed to come out to 2 more people. Bringing my total to 8! On Sunday I came out to one of my good friends. It took me 2 hours to build up to it and when I finally admitted I was gay it was in quite a roundabout way. She said she thought it was awesome and didn't care. She didn't seem at all shocked but thats probably b/c I think she has suspected it for a while. She was appalled to learn about some of the stories I have heard about parents disowning or not accepting their children, and since she knows my parents, was slightly disappointed in their reaction.

Then today, I wrote to one of my former teachers and told her my situation with coming out and my need to confront my parents again. As a parent herself, she gave me some good advice on approaching my parents and gave me her complete support.

I'll be attempting another talk with my parents soon as I think I'm ready to approach them again. I'll let you guys know how that goes!

Just thought I'd share some positive news for once. (!)

2. Jim1454

It's always good to hear good news! Friends like that are AMAZING!

3. Bryan

good job, that is never easy!!

4. SpikySpice

Yay, Im glad for you :slight_smile:

Your teacher is sooo nice, i wish one of mine can help me liek that

5. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

well good for you

6. Grof142007

7. Zec24

SpikySpice,

I just sort of took a leap of faith with my teacher, i wasn't sure what her position on homosexuality was when I told her. It was very tense waiting for a reply, but the reply was well worth the wait. I had no reason to worry. Most teachers are fairly understanding and open minded, I'd say your teacher would probably be glad to help you.

8. Louise

You are a very brave person. Coming out is a very difficult thing to do and you seem to be doing it in a way that suits you. I feel really good for you. :eusa_danc With every positive reaction you build your confidence for the next Keep going, you're on the right track.