1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Person Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zulu, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure this exactly warrants an entire thread buttt I came out to my first RL person last night! WOO! It took three hours, starting with "GUESS WHAT!" until I finally ended up saying the words "I'm gay, you dumbass." (There are circumstances behind the calling out of the dumbassery. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Up until I actually said it I was TERRIFIED. I didn't even know why. The person I told, quite possibly my best friend, has gay family, gay friends, etc. I knew she wasn't going to care, and yet I had worked myself up so much...for no reason at all. Comparable to a little kid crying before getting a shot, I like to think.

Anyway, it was very freeing to be able to say to a real person who I really see everyday the absolute truth. Though I did wake up with morning after regret. I'm confident it will pass!

1 down, countless others to go.

2. SparkleTears

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you sit there in silence for three hours? Cool friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahahaha no it was through text. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She guessed many incorrect things.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friend! Well done! Yep, the 'after regret' will pass. :slight_smile:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! And like Mirko said, the after regret will pass. It sucks but after a few hours(or a day or two) it will fade away. :slight_smile:

6. izzy

Yay! You took the first step. The first person to tell is always the hardest. Congratulations!!!