1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this thing...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by wherewulfe, Nov 2, 2010.

1. wherewulfe

Where I go to school we are forced to give this presentation at the end of our senior year detailing some ways we've grown in 4 categories. surprise surprise, I'm thinking about coming out and relating it back to how I'm learning to trust others again (long story, shattered all trust i had in just about everyone). I'm out to most of my family, the only person is my dad whom I'm oddly worried about despite having a very minute relationship with. My parents are divorced and I only see him about an hour or two every week so I'm worried about that this will sever what little relationship we have. Despite him not being the best father I still don't want to completely cut him out from my life.

but anyway, this whole project has a part of it on Thursday (only a 5 minute portion of the full 15 minute presentation) and is supposedly all confidential and not going to be broadcasted to others outside my class. Someone already came out at bisexual so I'm feeling slightly embolden to take that step.

thoughts?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you feel ready and you want to come out to the class and talk about how you have learned to trust others again through your coming out, go for it. :slight_smile:

3. knight of ni

If you feel comfortable doing that, I think its a great idea. What better way to make it clear that you're happy being who you are, and making it clear that you have nothing to hide, than by making a proud public announcement? My only word of caution would be that you shouldn't rely on your sexuality remaining private within the class. News spreads. But if you're ready for your class and your school to know, then go for it!

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If you feel comfortable about it all then I say go for it. Sounds liek ti can be a very liberating experience for you :slight_smile:

Also, you have to keep in mind that you are telling some big news to people. They will talk and it might somehow get to your dad. I don't know how, but its always good to be prepared for all the possibilities.

Good luck :slight_smile:

5. wherewulfe

so it actually went fantastically...wait
    i just came out to 26 high school students...
    MFW

#5 wherewulfe, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out in front of 26 other students is quite something! Congratulations! Glad it went really well. :slight_smile:

7. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Im glad everything came really well for you :slight_smile: