1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my coming out week

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by elitechris, Nov 10, 2010.

1. elitechris

so i'm pretty much out to a lot of people as of this week.
    i really have no idea what has comed over me but i've been VERY comfortable telling my friends.
    i've noticed a fast change in my attitude and confidence in the recent months, so i guess that's what allowed me to come out so quickly.

i cane out to my mom! we were talking about graduation stuff @ 1 am and she asked and i pretty much said yes. she cried (which i kinda knew she would do) but it was only because she's afraid for me b/c of the recent suicides and killings but i reassured he not to worry. i knew she knew for a while but i guess she needed a confirmation. this week she's been really supportive by telling me things like "thanks for trusting me" and "i love you more than ever before since you told me"

i have yet to tell my dad. my mom says to go for it because "he will understand." he even has gay friends at work. i might tell him this month... with my mom's help. he pretty much loves me either way.

i've also told my siblings. a few weeks before, my sister said homosexuality was a phase. after i told my mom i pretty much told her it's not a phase. my little brother really isn't bothered by it.

my friends have been really supportive. now i feel more confortable checking out guys with them. i've also found out that one of my friends brother is also gay so it really has allowed me to get to know my friends better.

i feel so free and HAPPY!
    i should've done this years ago... but i guess there's a reason why i did it just now :slight_smile:

2. Eleanor Rigby

I'm happy for you everything went well with your mother, brother and friends. Your sister will probably come to term with this as well, she probably just need some education on that matter. As for your dad, go for it :slight_smile: It seems that your mom will give you all the back up that you'll need.
    Keep us updated and congratulations :slight_smile:
    Take care, Cécile

3. adam88

Congrats. :slight_smile:

4. pandapops

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congratulations :slight_smile: im happy things have gone so well for you..

5. EM68

Congrats! :slight_smile: