1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just came out....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by bvtsjm116, Oct 4, 2007.

1. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Ok, well, after talking to my mom for like 2 hours she kept asking me questions about things and soon it got to this and I told he that I liked a boy and... yea... I came out >.< She doesn't think anything different... but its still awkward >< I think she is sort of in denial, all cause I said "I think I might like both" and now shes like "if you are not sure you won't know until you experience both when your older" and "Has anyone done anything to you that might have made you feel this way?" but I dunno shes fine with it I guess but I dunno....

anyways, yea, my first person ><

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations! It sounds like your mom just might need some education, is all. PM me if you want some PFLAG materials.

3. OMG yay congrats!

4. Kibuki kid

:jawdrop: *shakes of the shock* Thats fantastic!(!)(!!) Yup thats stage one of motherly acceptance, concern. My mom is still there but trying to lessen her paranoia, but more importanly......Congratulations!!!

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good job hun, this is a really big event in your life. And it deserves dancing bannanas!!!!!!!! (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)
    Congrats dude ^_^

6. Zec24

Parents, and especially Moms seem to always be concerned. Give your mom some time, and maybe take Becky G up on her offer to send PFLAG materials. I did something similar with my parents in that when I came out I left myself an "out" by saying I was still unsure. My parents are convinced I need to try both genders to be sure though. Its funny how no one would suggest that to a straight person "oh are you sure you're not gay? Maybe you should try both?"

But as everyone else has said, Congrats! That is a huge step and now you are not alone in knowing.

7. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's great news mate (!) I bet it's a sort of relief for both of you. Now you're over the first hurdle, it does get easier. Your mum will come round.... her reaction so far has been ok. It's a "shock" for any parent but I get the impression she's very supportive. Keep talking and take up the offer of literature. It'll show her that you want to help her understand you. Great news. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I read your post!!!! :thumbsup:

8. Louise

CONGRATULATIONS (!)

You did really well to tell your mum, this is probably one of the hardest things you will ever have to do and YOU DID IT! Good for you.

Like everyone says, give your mum a bit of time to come round to all this. She may have good days and bad days but her love for you will help her to overcome her confusion. :thumbsup:

9. pirateninja

Oh man that's awesome! Trust me your mom will come round to the idea, once she gets over the initial shock.

Good for you! (!!)(!!)(!!)

10. JSG

JSG Guest

Great man !! You finally came out to your mom, excellent !!!!