1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought i would share :)- so happy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Neo1979, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, thought i would share this positive! story. I e-mailed my best male mate the other week and came out to him, i would have done it face to face but we are now living in different towns. I really was afraid of what the response would be, I didn't think he would be never want to speak to me again or anything like that, but i did think he may be weirded out or disappointed in me. I was wrong and got a really positive response, he doesn't know how much his support means to me and it has made me stronger. His e-mail is below...

Mate,

Thanks for your email and I appreciate that you shared something like this with me. My only dissapoitnment is that you have taken this the wrong way as if you got some sort of problem.

Perfectly normal with me and im sure everybody I know who knows you will feel the same. I cant believe you have gone through all this on your own all this time and feel abit guilty that I did not stay close enough to you to understand.. so apologies if I wasnt there.

I know it is easily said but its simple mate and you dont really need to look into it too much... being gay is not a desease, abnormal or an achievement .. whatever, no body has an issue so you need to overcome all these thoughts. You are still one of the lads mate so no issues there.

I think you will be surprised how people will accept you for who you are and will make no difference to anybody.. seriously. To be honest with you mate there is nothing for you and anybody else to accept.Of course you can have a family one day but most important is for you to find somebody who makes you happy and enjoy life mate... no need to be depressed about it and worry sick. Life is short mate so dont waste it with negative thoughts....

I really hope you are overcoming the whole depression thing as thats the one thing that worries me more... anything you need just shout.

I will ring you for a chat dude but fucking get a grip and enjoy life!!! You are always Deano to me and everybody else ... disorganised, always late, funny as fuck and a good mate!

2. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad he supports you so much :slight_smile: I havent come out to any of my close friends properly yet. I hope I will get a positive response when I do. I know most of them will support me, but some can be really homophobic. Glad for you anyway :thumbsup:

3. NordicSpirit

Yay!! Thats such a good response!! You must be really relieved!! Congrats! (!)(!)

4. Connor22

your friend is awesome next time you see him give him a hug from me :slight_smile:

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your friend, and his answer is absolutly awesome :slight_smile: I think you've just find someone who will support you unconditionnaly :wink:

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, good stuff! I hope everyone you come to has such a good reaction.
    And, you get the happt dance for coming out to someone:

(!) (!!) (!)

7. Paper Heart

That is the mark of a true friend. Consider yourself lucky, a lot of us have lost friends over something as trivial as our sexualities.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww what an amazing friend!! :grin: This story made me grin like an idiot in front of my laptop. Congrats on coming out, and you should be so proud of your friend for reacting the way he did.

9. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for all your kind replies!!!! :lol:

My mate is such an amazing person, he is not at all gay but is very supportive! And yes I am very proud of him.

I haven't seen him in person since the e-mail yet, but i'll be sure to buy him a pint! to thank him when i do.

Now ive just got to work on my own confidence some more and also start dating!?!?!?!? scary!!

10. Flare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an amazing reply. One of the best I've ever read. He's a keeper. :slight_smile:

11. x2x2x2x2y2

Awww, that was really great. Congrats and make sure you let him know that he's a great friend!! :slight_smile: