1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out...to my therapist......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GoinStag, Nov 19, 2010.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Okay, Idk if this counts, but this is huge for me. I went to a therapist today. My 1st appointment. So here's pretty much how it went...

"Okay..................okay...well...okay...." and she was like "You don't have to start out with big stuff, why don't you just tell me a little bit about yourself". So I spent maybe a minute talking about my depression.......then I said it. Before I did, I asked her if she had a fan she could turn on or something, 'cause it was all quiet and awkward. She had this thing that made noise. Well I was sitting there like "Okay...........man........alright......sorry, I just........*SIGH*........*SIGH*...........I'm gay".

I felt like I was gonna start crying before I said it. I was thinking "Just say it! Force yourself to say it! Force it out!". It was so hard. I literally couldn't form the words. I finally said it. She was really understanding. I'm going back in 2 weeks.

You guys gave me the motivation to see a therapist. I know it's not a big deal, but it's the 1st step.

Thank you EC! I may trip and fall, but I'm on my way to happiness!!!

2. Echo02

Echo02 Guest

Congratulations... hope she will give you all the encouragement required to feel good about being yourself. It only gets better when you move forward.

3. jonny

epic, trust me we have all been there. i almost cried when i came out to my first physical person and he was gay. It gets better, trust me

4. x2x2x2x2y2

I'm really really happy to hear this. Congrats!! :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is such a big step! Congrats on taking it, and hopefully you make a good connection with your therapist so she can help you process and deal with the feelings surrounding that.(&&&)

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Holy crap thanks guys!!!

I didn't think you all would be this happy for me, thank you!!!!!

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your therapist!! Talking with her, and being open about yourself with her, will help you to become more comfortable with yourself!

It's awesome that you were able to come out to her! (*hug*)

8. MMAnick

thats a big step man.....i cant even say it out loud when im alone much less to someone else and I'm bi.

9. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is really hard isnt it? It feels like you will never say it at first. Well done :slight_smile:

Its really nice having someone outside of family and friends to talk to. Everyone should have a therapist IMO. Well done for saying it.

10. NordicSpirit

Well done. :slight_smile: Therapists are great. I agree with Moonstrike, everyone should have one!!

11. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats, that's definitely a big deal.

Be proud of what you've done and soon you'll be able to tell more people, i'm sure. :thumbsup:

12. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulation (*hug*) That IS a huge step done. You can be proud of yourself :kiss:

13. Dykezz

Congrats!!! This is huge! (!)I totally know what you mean!
    I remember when I was going to tell my doctor that I was gay I almost pissed my pants.
    Especially the 2 seconds before I told him. But I pushed myself and I am glad I did.
    His reaction was totally cool.
    When I told my therapist she told me that she was gay to. So that also made me :icon_bigg

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course we're happy for you. This is a big step for you. And it's especially good that your therapist knows, since it's important that she get as clear a picture as possible as to what you're facing. Way to go. :slight_smile:

Lex

15. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Baby steps keep taking em

16. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Wow, you guys are the best, thanks!

This WAS a big step for me. In those 30 or 60 seconds that I was trying to form the words, I literally put my hand on my chest to feel my heart. It was pounding. You guys are so awesome for understanding that this is a big deal to me!!! You guys are my real family :slight_smile:

#16 GoinStag, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  17. Sicsemper79

Not a big deal? Seems like its kind of a big deal dude! Good for you bud! Feels good doesn't it!!! :grin::grin::grin:

18. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Congratulations :slight_smile: Im happy for you. I thought it wasnt difficult for most of the people to say that to a therapist but I see Im wrong, so thats why Im happy for you. You did it :grin:

I remember once when I was at psicologist in school in my first session and I was like: Ok so there is this guy who I like and... blah blah.
    In the second session she asked me if I just liked boys and I said ohh no sorry I didnt tell you, Im bi. :slight_smile:

19. yourillusion

C'mon, that's huge! Congrats! It is so hard to own it to someone. I couldn't straight up say I was at first. It was "I think...". Keep taking steps! :slight_smile:

20. ccw145

ccw145 Guest

Congratulations! That's a big step. I'm happy for you, and I'm glad it went well. I'm still yet to tell anybody. I only recently gained up the courage to say it to myself.