1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard coming out...but not for me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sngl, Oct 5, 2007.

1. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I just came out to a second friend of mine....

I've known this girl for 3-4 years now and she had a crush on me a few years ago which we talked about and I told her that I didn't like her that way and that I wanted to be friends. She's a really special friend of mine, I always felt that she understands what I'm thinking sometimes even without me saying. So yesterday she just called me and aked me if I could help her with something...and then after I did, we began to talk. It was not my intention at all to come out to her now, but somehow everything was right...so I just told her. Then she began to cry and it turned out she's having a HUGE crush on me and said that she has never loved anyone as much as she loves me and she always hoped that we will get together somehow....she was really really heartbroken and I just felt really bad that I had to do this to her...:tears:

Then she said that she has never known or met anyone who was gay and that she thought this didn't even really exist...she thought gay people only existed in movies or something like that...and she wouldn't have thought that the one she truly loves and always wanted to be with could be gay...so this was kind of a personal failure for her.:confused: But she said that she can accept it and that she still thinks of me as the same person as before :slight_smile:

So even though I feel better because of telling her, I feel really bad for her....

2. Vampyrecat

Hey, don't blame yourself sngl, its really not your fault. Don't feel bad, she said she can accept it, and although she's hurt, its obvious that she will give herself the time and space to do so.
    I'm very proud of you for coming out, it is hard, and although I don't know you, I'm still proud of you. You have more balls then a lot of people. It is really difficult to trust someone that much.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Well don't feel bad,it's just something that happens.I'm happy you came out to another person.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well her heart is broken now but hopefully eventually she will understand that you have no choice in the matter and the two of you can continue to remain friends.

5. Jim1454

If you think that's bad, imagine having been married to her for 10 years and then having to tell her... :eusa_doh:

It sucks to be me sometimes. :icon_sad:

6. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Vampyrecat, Ilayis and beckyg....:icon_bigg
    Jim, I have to say that really is a lot worse than my situation..but better late then never I guess :icon_bigg

And BTW, I just talked to her again today and she is totally avoiding the subject, it seems to me that she's in denial...but I'm sure she'll understand eventually :slight_smile: And knowing that 2 of my closest friends know I'm gay makes me feel better (!)