1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NordicSpirit, Nov 21, 2010.

1. NordicSpirit

I came out to my best friend today!! I went to her house with my mum because her grandma is visiting from the US and I decided this morning that I would tell her today. So all afternoon I was trying to bring it up by asking her stuff like "are there any guys you like?" and "have you got any new years resolutions yet?" (mine is to come out to everyone) hoping she would answer and ask me the same thing and I could tell her. She's a little too into herself though and just answered and kept on talking about herself! Then we were talking about going on a night out and she said she would invite some of her friends that I know, including one friend, Hannah, who's bi, and her girlfirend. Then she asked me if I thought it was weird that Hannah has a girlfriend and I said no and asked her if she did. She said no and that she had always knew that Hannah was a lesbian. I was like, "she's not a lesbain, shes bi. Do you know what I am?" She always thought I was straight but guessed from the way I asked her that Im not, so she guessed bi. I said no and she was like "omg your a lesbian!!" So I said yea and asked her if she was ok with that. She didnt care and asked me some stuff like if I was always gay or if it was losing my virginity to "that A$$hole AJ"(her words, not mine lol!) that turned me gay!! Anyway it was so great.
    Also, over dinner my mum was talking to some people about their relationships with their daughter in laws and my mum(who has 4 daughters, no sons) said "well I dont know anything about it, I'll never have a daughter in law." I was so tempted to say "dont be so sure about that!" or something along those lines!! I didnt though beacuse there were so many people there!!
    Anyhow, Im so happy that coming out to my friend went to well!! I had to log on and share it with you guys. :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

2. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: That's great that your friend is supportive.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats on telling her! :slight_smile:

4. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

I think its great you tell her :slight_smile:

5. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done :thumbsup: It's great that she took it so well.

6. Lebowski45

That's great, congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling, especially when it goes so well :grin:

7. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds great :grin: I'm glad you're in such high spirits about it all :slight_smile:

8. NordicSpirit

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

I feel so great after coming out to her, that I really want everyone to know now! Im telling my parents as soon as I get the courage, then my sisters and then Im going to post it on facebook for everyone else!

Ha! Coming out is addictive!