1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dudethere, Nov 26, 2010.

1. dudethere

Hello EC! :slight_smile:

Ok so to begin, I'm 15 and out to everyone and anyone with no problems or exceptions...well except for one person. Now I kind of have grown a reputation as a player among the gay community in my liberal highschool. I have been with quiet a few people and dated someone for 5 months.

I can tell right away if I'm interested in someone as a hook up senarrio and can usually get them if I try. Now if I like a guy as a dating/relationship type I seem to have a very different attitude.

I don't want to seem like a player or someone interested in getting in there pants, but I also can't bring myself to come out to them either.

I don't know how to simply come out to this guy. Now I am almost certain he's gay (I have excellent gay-dar), he doesn't like to talk about girls and he saves me a seat for the musical rehearsal and is very friendly.

So I was just wondering if anyone had tips on coming out to someone your interested in or even just talking about it easily.

Any feedback is great and appreciated thanks! :slight_smile:

2. Mystery

Myself, I would be coy and sneaky and add him on Facebook and check his orientation there or ask around to find out. But if you're already certain he's gay, and both of you are out, I'd just tell him you'd like to go out sometime and see where it goes from there.

3. dudethere

Well I already added and asked :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But unfortunately he is new to the school and so I couldn't find out if he is out. I think I might just strike up a conversation and bring something about gay up

4. midwestblues

Just ask him out. It lets him know you're gay (if he doesn't already, which is a possibility), and it lets him know you desire a relationship with him. Two birds with one stone. On the off-chance he turns out to be straight, laugh about it.