1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What just happened?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by pineapledweller, Dec 3, 2010.

1. pineapledweller

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well so I guess I came out. I'm still in shock about it, kinda wondering if it really happened. But anywho I guess I should spill the beans on this story.
    So I was staying up late last night, just chit chatting with some friends via IM. Everything was going great. Then I got a random PM from one of my friends that came out about a year ago. Just normal banter, "How is to be moved out?" "How is working going?" ect. ect. Well then out of nowhere he just asks if I was gay, straight, or bi.
    Me being an honest person I simply told him I was still figuring it out and that I would currently find myself between gay and bi.
    Just like that. A casual conversion. No drama, nothing. It was like someone asked me a simple question that I had the answer to. But the relief of someone else knowing is overwhelming. I'm just happy that I'm not bottling up it anymore :grin:

2. maverick

That's cool, congrats on being out to somebody. That's kind of the way I came out to my brother (over text, since he lives on the opposite side of the country) and it was a similar non-drama.

Isn't it nice to come out to someone who is all, "Eh, whatever" ? :icon_wink

3. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
  4. NordicSpirit

Thats great! Congrats!! :slight_smile:

5. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done :slight_smile: Its a lot easier to be honest with yourself when you are being honest with others.

6. pineapledweller

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha thanks everyone :slight_smile:
    About 12 hours later I came out to my best friend. He already kinda knew, but I didn't like officially tell him until Friday afternoon. He was great about it :grin: