1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EM68, Dec 20, 2010.

1. EM68

I'm not too sure where to post this thread. Last Saturday I went to my company's holiday party with my bf. We both had a great time. A number of my coworkers knew I am gay and some asked if I was going to bring my bf. I told them yes and they were glad I was. When we got there, a number of my coworkers came up to me and I introduced my bf to them. Many knew but never said anything. A few said they saw our pictures on Facebook. A few of them that did not know were very gracious and welcoming to my bf. They said we looked happy and thats all that mattered. One of my managers told us about a 'snow globe' that was set up for pictures and we should get one. So we did.

There is a gay guy I work with who brought his husband. His husband and my bf talked a storm. Then the husband suggested that we all get together for dinner some time.

The next day at work we all talked about the party and many of them said that they were glad to meet my bf and he seems like a nice guy. It was such a liberating event. I am still on cloud nine. Also its our 6 month anniversary. So I think that helps too. :slight_smile:

#1 EM68, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. s5m1

Congratulations, Ed. I am happy to hear it went well. So, I have to ask now that you have had such a positive experience being out at work. How are you feeling now about being gay? Do you enjoy going to work more, now that you don't have to worry about being outed?

By the way, I saw your photos with your boyfriend on Facebook. You two are a great looking couple! Your happiness and love really shows in the pictures.

#2 s5m1, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations Ed :slight_smile: I'm glad everything went well on the party and that so many people have been welcoming and supportive.
    And congratulations on your 6 months anniversary. You and your boyfriend are such a cute couple :slight_smile: I'm happy for you.
    Many (*hug*) Cécile

4. EM68

I have no problems with being gay. All of my coming outs have been positive. I enjoy going to work a lot better. It shows in my work and sales. I am selling a lot more cars. Thank you for commenting on our photos. We had fun and are totally happy with each other.

5. straal1972

Congrats on having a fabulous company xmas party. To hear the positive reactions is heartwarming. Thanks for sharing.

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

That is too cool! Congrats on that. I'd feel awesome too. That's really cool that you got together with another couple. I hope to be able to do that someday!

7. maverick

Congratulations on the party! I sort of wish I was out at work too, but I don't really know how to broach the topic with people I actually have to interact with on a day-to-day basis (versus my supervisor, who only knows for human resources-type reasons).

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That sounds freaking awesome! :slight_smile:

You should post a pic of you two on EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. s5m1

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am really happy for you. You deserve all the happiness that you are now getting in your life.

10. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cool, I'm glad you had a great time at the party and congrats on the six month anniversary! Way to go, man. Here's wishing you two an even better next six months. :thumbsup:

11. Jim1454

Congratulations Ed!!! That's awesome - and I have no doubt that you're feeling better at work as a result - and performing better as a result of that! Good for you!