1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Smile, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Smile

So when I came out to Mother, I was pretty much freaking out majorly. I wrote the letter (which you can read on my blog) a few days before I actually put it somewhere for her to find and spent the days between writing and placing doing major mind changes. I went from wanting to just yell it at her, to wanting to burn the letter and never speak of it again and so many more things.

But I ended up putting it down and was up till like 4am, not wanting the next morning to come too soon. However I ended up lulling into a sleep and was woken a few hours later by mother telling me that I shouldn't have left a letter because now she is going to be thinking about it all work and distract her.

When she came home from work, she didn't mention it, didn't look at me weird and it was like nothing had changed. Then she came into my room and asked if I had told anyone yet and I said only close friends. She asked if we could keep it that way because she didn't want to have to deal with the whole freaking community ring up to ask if it was true (very few to no gay people come out while still living here so it makes it a sort of a 'that gay kid' kind of scenario'

I said sure and that I understand and she left the room and we haven't talked about it since.

But you know what the best part of all this is? It only just happened :slight_smile:

2. NordicSpirit

Congrats! Thats great news!! :slight_smile:

3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for finding the courage to come out to your mother (*hug*) I hope everything is going to be fine.

4. straal1972

That's great, I think? Great that you were able to come out to her. How do you feel about her reaction? Are you okay with it?
    To me it sounds like she took it prety well and just needs a bit of time to process the new information and that is great.

5. Mr.Pushover

Well done coming out, but you realize that you can come out to whoever you want, you don't have to be restricted to just her and your close friends.