1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out on split moment decision

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by biisme, Oct 11, 2007.

1. biisme

Last night I was sitting at my computer and I was thinking about what I would tell my friend if I was to tell her I ws bi. Becasue I had a lot of thoughts going through my head I typed it out. In a moment of resolve, I pasted it into a private thread with her on facebook and sent the following message:

"hmmm, i feel like this deserves a different thread...o well

cara,

I'm about 4 hours too early but I'm going to bed before midnight and I'd rather not do this at school. (My god, my hands are shaking....interesting.) I'm bi. "Bi" as in bisexual. I may be cracking up though because "bisexual" sounds like a weird bicycle to me right now.

I had just thought about coming out this weekend (coincedentally this is what I dreamed about that I was thinking about in real life. though this isn't important now.) and didn't even know that tomorrow was National Coming Out Day. Now that I do know, well, it seems rather fitting.

When you get this you will officially be the only person that knows (lucky you!) and I know I probably don't have to say it, (but I can't help it) PLEASE don't tell anyone else.

You know I have a hard time telling people things about myself (even things that don't even really matter). Imagine how hard this is, especailly since I've only just recently accepted it, though I've known for a while.

SO, leaving me filled with a feeling of dread, (which I hope I don't have cause for) I leave you with a new piece of knowledge.

Hmmmm, sounds like something you would win in a game: "piece of knowledge". Anyway. I don't know how to close.

omg, this is really hard. i'm having trouble clicking send."

i then started to shiver and shake and couldn't catch my breath. an hour later the phone rang. the only words i really remember are "so proud of you." while coming out was really difficult (especially that one hour of not knowing), it has helped so much with what i feel inside. it's a happy NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY!!!!!!!

2. pirateninja

Well done! the first coming out is always the hardest! (!)

3. JSG

JSG Guest

Excellent biisme !!
    Your first step in coming out to others !!!
    I'm glad it went well.

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

congrats,is always great to hear those words"proud of you",makes you feel relieved and warm inside

5. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YAY! The first coming out can be extremely hard, but it's awesome that your friend reacted in such a good way! :thumbsup: Congrats!! I'm proud of you too :icon_bigg

6. Bryan

WOW congrats, It should be a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but it is all for the better. You should be very proud of your self