1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i die now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Latinokid, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well since its the 11th i was guna come out....but it diddnt exactly go my way. My mom found my nail polish asked me about it i said alot of ppl wear it and she was like what r u gay? And said yeah.And then the talk went on and she said im a disgrace to the family, gay is a disease, its in your mind and you have to tell your self your gay, i met some man online who is making me gay, im not like this, she doesnt want a gay son, im guna kill her, and shes pissed right now in her room....prob crying over me being gay. .Welcome the Spanish Catholic Close minded bitches!

I wish i could cry but....ill cry tomorrow and ill tell my guidance counceler to see if she may have any info and to tell my mom gay is not a disease

2. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just give her some time to think about it and come to terms with it. Remember, she has gone her whole life thinking these things, she can't stop thinking them in one day.

3. Airboy87

Airboy87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's very good advice, BlueRose! :thumbsup:

4. biisme

i'm sorry you had such a rough coming out. do the other people that know you're gay support you? maybe they can talk to her.

5. TriBi

Give her time - do what you were talking about (getting some backup from the counsellor) and look for other materials that might help your Mom come to terms with it.

If you PM Becky, I'm sure she would be happy to help you with some good stuff from PFLAG.

6. reminiscent

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, at least you're out.
    That sounded kinda mean, sorry.
    But, just give her time.

7. SpikySpice

Im sorry for what is happening to you, well, give her time

And Good Job to you for coming out Carlos

That is what my dad told me, gay is a desease and a sickness it is on your mind, he drives me offbeat sometimes with all the talks, but I just wanna be gay, it's who I am now, guess if I have the thought that I am straight, that wont chnage me at all

8. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry things didn't work out Latinokid, but hopefully in time she'll be more understanding. At least you've told her, I know it'll be hell if she doesn't change her view, but it's too early to really know how things are going to work out.

9. waitingsucks

this is only normal. remember that they'll always b sum1 who has a bad reaction to you coming out. I guess it really hurts comming from your parents but you're not in the wrong she is. She shouldn't of asked you if u were gay in the first place the way she did. I really hate when ppl are so close minded but remember not to hate them just hate what they're doing. I hope your mum come to understand. if i was you i'd check out this organisation called PFLAG(parents for lesbians and gays...GLBT really) u may find it useful but i hope ur counselor helps 2. good luck

p.s. great job with 5 people coming out 2. I wasn't really thinking about it and missed the day. oh well i wasn't really ready. anyway good luck i'm glad that u have at least some people u can b urself around!

10. Louise

I'm sorry your mum took it so bad. Like everyone says give her time she will come round eventually.

Like Tribi says PM Beckyg, she helped me enormously when my son came out to me recently. If you find your mum some resourses, books to read about parents coping with gay children or a support group in you area she will come to understand that this is not an illness, a phase or just done to annoy her. She will see you for the kind intelligent young man that you are and not just her baby.

Don't feel sad, don't cry, be proud. You at the age of 14 years old have done something that many people have still not found the courage to do. Coming out to your parents takes a huge amount courage. Even though it did not go as you wanted it to you should still feel proud of yourself. I don't know you yet I still feel proud of you :kiss:

11. TriBi

BTW (I thought I edited this into my earlier post, but I must have screwed up somehow) I realised that Becky is away for a few days. I'm sure she'll be only too happy to help when she is back tho'.

12. crimsonarcher

sounds like a certain someone I kniow....well, I'm sorry it went bad, and you have to give her time with this.

13. biisme

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
    Mother Teresa

maybe u should tell ur mom that. or not.

14. Grof142007

Love Ya LK Stay Strong No Dieing You Still have US =)

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm so sorry I missed this thread! Latinokid....I'm so sorry your mother reacted this way. Yes, I would be happy to mail you some PFLAG info. Just PM me with your addresss! I hope your mother is doing better and that you have had the chance to talk about this rationally. (*hug*)

16. chris211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    its ok just give her time to get use to it she will get over it just hang in there :slight_smile:

17. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    she just give her time. she'll come around. stay strong and

18. InaRut

I can relate to the "You met some guy on the internet who turned you gay." Wow I actually forgot about that hypothesis of my dearest mother. I basically told her that the internet was actually more of a tool to help me become more comfortable with my gay side. Which is true.

Well that saved me from my internet being taken away from me, after some heavy convincing.

But for your own problem I think talking to guidance counsellor is a great idea. What you could do is still show your mom that your still her same old darling child, and that being gay hasn't changed that. If that makes sense.

Good luck mah friend :grin: