1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess... A positive reception awaits outside my walk-in closet >_<

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by radiantdawn, Jan 3, 2011.

1. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Well, nothing big really... I just recently reconnected with some old friends I had lost contact with. I told one of them (Let's call her J) I was gay, when she asked (I kinda hinted about it in the past, but when she asked when we reunited kinda, I suppose she was more receptive to hints.). So then she said she had no idea, and said she could get me set up with someone, and play matchmaker for me, which was exciting cause I've never dated anyone. She said her boyfriend, who goes to the same school I do, knew lots of gay or bi people in our grade. So then she encouraged me to tell my mom, and I did, not cause she told me, but cause I knew I was ready, and had support from my friend now. So I told my mom that same night, and she told me she loves me no matter what, that I'm still her son, and that she wants me to just be happy. And then I ended up telling 3 other close friends who were also fine and supportive about it.

Then, on a kinda sour note, J said she would help me find out if the 2 people I was interested in were gay or bi, or with someone, or anything that could give a hint. So then I found out that 1 of them was with a girl, and the other was crushing on a girl. So I was basically very upset cause they don't like me, and they can't like me, and I understand how cause they just don't go that way. But at the same time, I can't help it, and I DO go that way, and I was bound to get upset and I did. So... when I found out the bad news, I impulsively just told the rest of my family I was gay. And that went fine too, but I really should have waited until I became not upset. So that's this story of mine... At least now, my family and close friends know, and I don't have to pretend I like girls >_< . But I wish it were easier to find gay people >_<

2. Artemicion

Firstly, hello and welcome to EC.
    Secondly, congratulations on coming out!

Next thing is, I believe you're suffering from...a variety of things. The most obvious one I believe is the crush. I think a lot of us suffer from this time to time, but we all must learn to let go or it will really crush you! The second one is self-delusion with your hopes up, but the truth was undesirable. After all, I think a lot of us tend to have the thinking that all of a sudden everyone might be gay when they first come out or over analyze people's actions (I believe only 10% roughly people are gay? someone confirm this?). The third one, i think is...the possibility that you want to be with someone right now because you recently came out of the closet.

But with all that said, I could be wrong. Regardless - (*hug*) and hope you will feel better soon!

Above all else, do not rush to find a boyfriend, partner or whatever you want to call them!! Slow down a bit! Don't let the out of the closet rush get to your head! As for the rest GL in the future! and feel free to post, we're a friendly bunch :slight_smile:.

3. Eleanor Rigby

Hi and welcome on EC :slight_smile:
    Congratulations for coming out to your friends and family, upset or not this is hell of a good job :eusa_clap and I'm happy for you everything had been supportive and loving.

Now about the boyfriend hunting part, I understand where you stand and why you feel upset, but you're still very young, you have plenty of time ahead to find a boyfriend there is no rush.
    Try to just enjoy being yourself around your friends and family, meet new people at school and out of school, not necessarily with the idea of dating, but just because making new friends and being able to be fully yourself is a nice exprience.

Take care of yourself and enjoy being out (*hug*) Cécile

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, sudden, mass coming out!! Good job and I'm glad it went so well. Stay cool and take your time and hopefully you'll meet a great guy to become friends, date, or whatever.:thumbsup:

5. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

@ ThinksTooMuch: O : O : O AHHHHH You live in Vancouver tooooooo.

And thanks everyone, I think I'll slow down on the search >_< I'd rather that someone search for me instead :X