1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officially out to my mother!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by secretstache09, Jan 5, 2011.

1. secretstache09

I had told her two days ago that I needed to talk to her face to face about something. I don't currently live with my mother, and I don't visit more than once a month because they have no cable and no internet, which I would just simply die without for too long lol.

So anyways, I finally sucked it up and spent a day with her. I was about to go over my aunts house, when she brought up me saying I wanted to talk to her. I kind of froze for a second, and almost chickened out, but I said to myself its either now or never. So I said it

Me: Well mama, I'm gay.
    Her: What do you mean?
    Me: (kinda scared and defensive) What I said, I mean it is what it is.
    Her: And you think I'm surprised?
    Me: (laughing) No, I kinda figured you knew.
    Her: Boy I knew since you were 5 years old. I had been bracing myself for when you would tell me for years. I was just waiting till you were ready.
    Me: (literally loling)Wait, since I was 5?
    Her: Yep, and I want you to be who you are. I don't care what (my aunts, cousins) say, I will correct them anytime they say something ignorant or incorrect.

By this time I start crying because I start just telling her what I've been holding in since I was a kid, about how I prayed every night for the gay to go away, and how I didnt want to be like this. She goes on to tell me that God made me and God doesn't makes mistakes and that I am her child and she will love me no matter what.

We then go on to talk about who I've told and who I plan on telling. I told her who I plan on coming out to next and all that, and she supports me 100%. I am lucky to have a mother like her, and even though I knew thats how she was, it still felt good to hear her say it. I now feel so much better, and no matter what anybody else says, I know that my mom has my back. (!)

2. maverick

YAY! Congrats on having such a cool mom! (!!)

Also, I know this part isn't supposed to be funny (and I'm sure it definitely wasn't at the time) but this made me laugh out loud when I read it:

Oh noes, you caught the gay! :lol:

3. secretstache09

Lmao yea it is rather funny, I always thought that it didnt work because I wasnt Christian enough xD.

4. maverick

Hoooooo boy, been there, done that. :dry:

5. mikeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww, what a nice story! Your mom sounds fantastic! Congratulations, and good luck with the rest of the people you will come out to :slight_smile:

6. s5m1

Congratulations! Your mom is awesome. I am really happy for you. You should also be proud of yourself for telling her even when you were so scared.

7. Paper Heart

Let's make it threes company!

I am impressed, not only that you came out to your mom, but also by her beautiful response. You are quite lucky to have such an amazing mother.

8. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Oh, wow, your mom is great, like mine XD : D Luckily for me, my mom said she'll support me too, and that I'm her son and that she loves me no matter what : ) .

9. secretstache09

Thanks everyone for the very nice comments. I know that a lot of you have a much harder time with your parents and I wish that we all can have it as easy as I did with mine. I have to also thank this entire community on EC for helping me with my confidence and feeling more comfortable with myself. I love all you guys!(*hug*)

10. Ralivar

Congratulations, it's great that it went so well. I can only hope that when I tell my mum it goes just as well.