1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it begins

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Neoh, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A couple months ago I told myself I would stop lying about whether or not I was gay, though I left it up to others to ask (genuinely). I know, I may as well have said I wasn't going to come out, BUT it actually happened.

basically my whole coming out convo with a friend (over WoW-I'm such a nerd :roflmao: )
    Me:What can I say I'm totally gay for you
    B:Well that's gotta stop
    M:Well I guess I can stop the "for you" part
    B: So you're saying you're gay?
    M:Yep
    B:...really?
    M:Yes
    B:...........really?
    M:Yes
    B:I can't tell if youre kidding (it was over the internet, so can't see seriousness in text)
    M:I'm 100% serious
    B:................really?
    M:Haha, yes
    B:thats cool, I guess? (so anti-climactic, right?!)
    M:So no more reallys?
    B:Are you kidding me?
    M:This is one time you can believe me

Anyways, after many more lines proving my sincerity, he FINALLY believed me.
    And I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of bummed. It's been about a week since I've told him and nothing has really changed. It's weird how incredibly nervous I was to type the first "yes" and have almost everything be exactly the same. Although I have discovered that actually talking about guys around straight guys can make them uncomfortable and is best left alone :lol:

2. crystaltriforce

3. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha. :lol: That was a cute story, thanks for that. :slight_smile:

Also, congrats on sticking to your promise! You should feel very proud. :grin:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you'll find that as your straight friends get a little more comfortable with you being gay, and figure out that you aren't interested in *them* then it will be easier for you to talk about guys around them.

I mean, I wouldn't ever expect them to be delighted to hear you talking about how much you enjoy sucking dick or like rimming or how hot some guy's muscles are... but from my experience, most straight guys can be ok with talking about relationship issues and such.

5. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha, I'd never take it that far :roflmao:

6. maverick

Good for you! When telling your straight male friends that you're gay, non-reaction is typically one of the better ones.

I'm actually really nervous to come out to my friends at work, especially a pair of attractive women that I go out "hunting guys" with at the bars. I'm not really interested in either of them (despite the fact that I can acknowledge they are attractive) but I can see how the minute I come out to them, that might be one of their first assumptions, if only because they are extremely self-confident about their physical beauty.

7. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations on a coming out. I'm sorry you had to be a broken record for him to believe you, but I guess that happens sometimes. You did your part :slight_smile:

8. NordicSpirit

Congrats! Dont be dissapointed that your friendship hasn't changed! Its a good thing! :slight_smile:

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Woot! That's awesome!

My first coming out experience was actually on WoW as well! haha xD I came out to my guild before I had the courage to do it in real life. Got a great response so that gave me the courage of coming out :grin:

Congrats!