1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living in a Glass Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Qier, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Qier

After reading all of these stories from college-aged guys and gays who've only just come out, and regretted not doing so sooner, I've been working hard for the past year or so to get to know myself and my sexual orientation a little better. After much soul-searching and a little philosophy, I've decided that I am totally gay and totally okay with it. I've donned a gradually more theatrical attitude, allowing glimpses of myself to show through this shell of sexual ambiguity (think Snagglepuss), but it's not enough anymore.

I finished my quest several months ago, and not being able to share my ecstasy has been so frustrating. I need to let someone know; I need to share this joy, this gayness with someone. Thusly, I plan on coming out to my best girlfriend sometime this week. Despite her title, she's more of a Suarez than an Amanda (Ugly Betty fans'll get what I mean).

I'll keep you guys over here and over at the GayLife forums updated, if for no other reason than to share my largely standard story. What's one more brick in the wall, eh?

2. secretstache09

Nice! Your personality shines through your writing, I can tell you are a very interesting person. GL with coming out to your friend. I love the "share the gayness" line in there btw lol.

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well,what a superbly written post,you certainly have a talent with your writing skills.Welcome to EC and thanks for sharing your coming out to yourself.

You sound like you have accepted who you are very well and even feel good about it,this should give you alot more cofidence when you come out so good luck.

4. Qier

I've literally just pushed the send button, and she's totally okay with it :wink: It was very hard to sum up the courage to do it, and my heart is still racing, but I feel so frickin' happy :wink:

5. Qier

Thanks a bunch, a little morale boost means a lot to me :wink: I write plenty, actually, and the path of the author is one I'm interested in pursuing. Thanks again for the kind words :wink:

6. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done,it really does get easier now.It takes alot of courage the first time.

7. Qier

It's technically the second time, but the first was an exclusively online friend, so this one was much harder. But it's like a drug, and I know I'll be feeling the need to share the happiness of coming out with someone else pretty soon :wink: There are worse vices, I suppose...

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good job! Glad that went well and I hope all the rest will as well :slight_smile: