1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Seed is Set

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Notreallysure, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Notreallysure

Not sure if that is a good analogy or not, but it is how I feel.

Just had a conversation with an old friend. This friend is gay; he came out in high school, and we stopped being friends for various reasons. He changed quite a bit, and I moved to college. Probably the main reason was because I was trying to not appear gay to our other friends. We eventually became friends again a few years later. We can talk now, and it isn't awkward.

Tonight, we were chatting on facebook for the first time in probably a year. Things were going good and randomly I made an Anderson Cooper reference. I said, I could have a show like his. His response: Yeah, you can be the straight one I suppose.
    Me: Haha, I guess so.
    Him: You were in a fraternity though so that could be in question. lol just kidding
    Me. Ha, you never know.
    Him: lol oh really?
    Me. Wow, I didn't expect to get into this tonight. Haha.

There was about 20 seconds break. THis had been going back and forth real fast, so that was an awkward break. During that time, my heart started beating harder than I think it ever has before. I started feeling nauseous. I felt like any second I was going to throw up. So I back tracked.

Me: I'm just kidding. Is Anderson Cooper really gay though?
    Him: lmao Pardon my curiosity. Anderson Cooper .......

I was so close. I mean, I kind of did come out to him wouldn't you say? He knows me pretty well. I'm the type of guy that wouldn't go with him and our other friends to the gay bar because I didn't want to be associated as such. I would imagine he has some sort of idea. If nothing else, it sets up the stage for me to talk to him. After all, he is the one that I plan to tell first. I guess I kind of just started the process. Too bad I didn't follow through with it...

2. Artemicion

I think it's exactly as you put it in the topic. I'm pretty sure he knows or has a huge hunch now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It's all for the better and congrats :thumbsup:, now you're in good position :slight_smile:. Hope you can get it out next time.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're lucky you have what seems to be a perfect coming out situation. He'll be supportive. When did you realize you are gay? Are you nervous that he'll be mad that you didn't come out sooner? Let us know how it goes :slight_smile: