1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by greyundrstndng, Oct 16, 2007.

1. This october 10, my mom came to visit me at college before she went down to visit my grandparents. We went to a cafe and talked and went around town a bit on errands. I planned on telling her that day, but there never seemed like a right time. I asked my mom if she thought i was happier and she replied that i did seem happier. My mom had brought a few things from home for me and at the car as I was getting them she and i talked. finally, i told her "mom i have something to tell you". I told her i was gay and that i had a boyfriend. We had talked a little about him earlier, but just as a friend. She knew from our walk downtown that i was happy and with someone, but she didn't want to say anything. She cried a little and told me she loved me and that we'd be ok. She's afraid that the lifestyle i've chosen will be hard and difficult. I told her i'd be fine and careful and that I'd go slow. She said she wanted time to think when i said that i had links for parents that might help. I also told her about my friends who knew and that she could talk to anyone she wanted about this. We both agreed not to tell my dad, at least not for a while. That would not go over well at all. Later, i called my boyfriend and talked to him a bit and told him. When we met he gave me flowers and a card that said congratulations. he's so sweet :slight_smile:
    That's basically my story and my mom is coming up this weekend for parents day with my dad too. Time to hide.......lol. got to hide the shonen-ai in my dorm! good luck to those coming out and to those who have come out as well! Happy Ally Week!:thumbsup:

2. Kibuki kid

Thats great! Congratualtions:thumbsup: (!)! My mother had the same reaction when i came out to her but she didn't cry my mother is suprisingly strong! Anyway im really happy for you! It feels so great doesnt it?!

3. yes it does! i just wish my mom and i can become closer! it'll come with time tho.

4. Sam

Sam

congratulations!

5. Louise

Congratulations, I am just so happy for you. Building up to telling 'the parents' requires an enormous amount of courage. WELL DONE YOU (!) (!) (!) :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc (!) (!) (!)

6. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations, Dude! I am so proud of you! Here's a hug (*hug*) for you! I am so happy things worked out well between you and your mom. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper and I wish you two all the best!

7. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

congrats on coming out

8. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations! Makes mr feel like I can tell my mom.

9. Zec24

Congrats on telling your mom, and its great you have such a thoughtful boyfriend!

10. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Wow you have so much strength to do that! The only problem I have is how your mom said you "chose that lifestyle". Hopefully she will come to a better understanding that you didn't choose to be this way. Congrats!:eusa_clap

11. TriBi

Glad it went OK - well done!

12. biisme

congratulations!!i'm so happy for u! i'm glad u managed to take the plunge.

13. Bryan

Sounds like it went well, your mom might just need her space with the links for parents, just give her a bit of room. Also, you are lucky to have such an amazing bf!

14. tylerzane69

I remember when I got those flowers for you.... I also remember holding you in my arms that day