1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to the One That I Had a Crush On

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by zeratul, Jan 30, 2011.

1. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Anyway, I hope this story will give a new perspective to some of you guys having crushes on straight guys. This past Thursday night, I decided to come out to a bunch of my old high school friends that I still keep in touch with. I wasn't the kind of guy who talked to girls a lot and these male friends have been cracking gay jokes for years and years and sometimes I even joined in on a few so the decision to come out to them was very scary and intimidating.

But anyway, one of these, this absolutely stunning guy in every way, was one that I had been really good friends with and had a crush on for the longest time, back in the good old days we often had overnight parties and stuff at his house and those days were the best of my life. When it was time that we went separate ways after high school to attend colleges in different towns, I often yearned for his company and I could not even look at other guys (even though I was still closeted then).

But 5 years has passed since then and I've only seen him a couple of times every year when the group of us travel somewhere or something like that. I thought that the distance, the total and absolute lack of communication of any kind in between these reunions, and each having a separate life now, would lessen my love of him. It was not even a carnal desire, it was just pure love. But just like that song goes, everytime I see his face, everytime I look into his eyes, I realize I am still crushing on him immensely.

Anyway, after I came out to the group of friends. He drove over to the city I live in now last night (Saturday) and we hanged out for a bit. We got drunk and went clubbing and enjoyed some nice decompressing techno music. I mean he didn't really come here to see me especially, but the fact that he would invite me to go clubbing with him still is something I am grateful for. I also met his girlfriend, and she was a beautiful and lovely person as well.

In the middle of the loud music, I realized something. OF COURSE I LOVE HIM, as a friend. I admire his aura and his world view and his liveliness, I am drawn to it, because I am a shadow and shadow will be drawn to the light. It took him many crushes and a long time to land with a steady girlfriend recently, and I am so happy he's finally found the one he loves. This is what having a best friend feels like.

#1 zeratul, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Kohut

Kohut Guest

If you two are friends and you trust him, I don't see anything wrong about coming out to him. But if you're thinking of telling him that you have a crush on him as well, be very careful! He might not feel comfortable after he knows that.

3. zeratul

zeratul Guest

This is just a story. I already told him everything there is to know.

4. Kohut

Kohut Guest

Oh, I didn't know. How did he react? Are you two fine?

5. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Well I guess my post was too long, read the last paragraph to find your answer.

6. Kohut

Kohut Guest

Sorry, I read your post before you have modified it. I'm glad everything is fine now! :slight_smile:

7. CrazyAntFarm

Wow, that's great, man. I also came out to my childhood friend, who I was seriously in love with (or so I thought). He was the only person I ever told to this day, and he was absolutely cool with it. Even after I told him that I had feelings for him.... The crazy thing is that after I told him, those feelings of attraction went away, and I realized that I only loved him as a friend... Too bad, I'm currently crushing on a college friend now, who I don't think would take the news as well.

8. pteen

i'm in the same situation except
    1. He knows i'm gay
    2. He probably knows i have a crush on him lol
    3. He might be in the closet lol

But very glad to here your story :grin: