1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I've learned (Long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Flyers2011, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Flyers2011

This is sort of a coming out story and sorta not. It's... My life I guess.

I used to have a profile on this site, about three years ago. I haven't been on since then because my dad turned the internet off at my house and my mom couldn't afford to have it turned it back on. Then my parents divorced and we lost our house to foreclosure.

Flash forward. It's my senior year of high school. I've been accepted into the college of my choice and into the program of my choice. Life is looking good. But I've been through some MAJOR stuff this year.

I'm in my school's band. I play trumpet. I met a girl, we'll call her M, and she changed my life. In a bad and a good way. We met and we hit it off almost instantly. We "clicked". I developed a crush on her. And I thought it was a lost cause. Until one night, we confessed our feelings, blah blah blah. We started dating a few days later.

Fast forward one month exactly. She tells me that she's not sure how she feels about me, and she wants to get back with her ex. I'm hurt, naturally. A few days later after I continue to do everything for her. . . She decides she wants to stay with me. Joy.

Three days later, her mom finds out. The crap hits the proverbial fan and we 'break up'. Meaning, we became friends with benefits. Two weeks later she says she doesn't want me anymore. And tosses me aside like a used pair of socks.

One week later. She's back with her ex. The worse part of this all? She let me find out how she was feeling through Facebook statuses. And her best friends. And she was terrified of people finding out about us. She also held me emotionally hostage with stuff like "I love you, wait to go to college" and she would cut herself if I told her I couldn't not go to college.

A few weeks later. . . I started dating her best friend. Bad idea. I know I know. But I liked the girl (call her J) and she was a lot better than M. Problem was.... THere were unresolved issues (like M kept putting things on Facebook about me) with M. And I got angry and argued with M in front of J. Thus, J got pissed at me. The next day, as we're driving to school, the guy M and J are riding with rear ends me. I get whiplash. Pleasant. J couldn't even ask me if I was okay. She didn't care.

Lessons learned? Know when it's right for you to be in a relationship. And if anyone emotionally blackmails you, skip out of town. They're not worth it. Also, there's always bigger and better.

2. Wheeley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much man, Highschool relationships are drama, drama, drama!

3. Eleanor Rigby

I'm sorry your relationship didn't work out and that you've been hurt. But what you've learned from it will definitly will be useful in the future.
    Take care (*hug*) Cécile