1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by baileyh, Oct 18, 2007.

1. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her is my story coming out and it was a little painfull secret I could not hold on to when I was 18.Luckily I had someone to talk to before coming out,a school counsoler that is openly lesbian and I did ask how to do it.She told me to not to be nervous and be myself.I still see her around and I talk to her.I did come out one day after school and I need to talk to them.I said it like this: Mom and dad,I kow you love me and I have a secret I cannot hold on to anymore.I am a lesbian and I feel that I am attracted to girls.I known this since I was 16.My father walked out angry at me and my mom gave me a hug telling me this:I know this was hard on you you,I still love you and I am going to be there for support.You chose your sexual orentation,not me and I am glad you came out knowing you are happy now.My mom did have a talk with my father about it and he siad this: I did not raise a gay daughter and she commited a sin.My mom did schedule an apointment with a therapist about this,it got worse.My dad and I went,talking about it.One sessision,he finally broke down in tears saying he was very sorry for hurting me and judging me in a wrong way.We did hug and knew he was wrong what he did to me.My dad became supportive knowing I was happy and knew this was my choice and it was not his.

2. Kibuki kid

Thats so sweet! Good for you!

3. Grof142007

Yay Im so Happy for ya

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

what a story,always love a happy ending

5. waitingsucks

It was a pretty happy story. But i still don't undestand why your parents think you chose your sexual orientation. The only choice is acting on it which can be if ur straight or bi andd is nothing to do with the feelings u hav no choice and no control over. I hope u meant to say that it was your choice to come out. Some people think it's a choice but definately not me.

6. Louise

Even though it was really hard for you, I am happy that your story has a happy ending. You might want to get your dad some info on sexuality so that he cannot see that this is a choice.

Even though he has accepted you sexuality if it is a 'choice' there is another option, you don't have to shake up their lives like this and there will always be a bit of residual resentment on his part. If he can truely understand and KNOW that this is not a choice it is just how you are, like having blue eyes, things will be easier for him.

7. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My father did talk to a friend of his,his friend Frank has a son that is gay and told accept it.His friend Frank luckily had info on this and gave it to him

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

It's really good that your dad found ways to understand your case.
    Now that he accepts you, I hope everything just goes up from here for you.

:icon_wink

9. confuzedgurl14

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    aawww this is sweet. YAY for u! :slight_smile: