1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out to my Brother. Maybe?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SinisterThougts, Feb 9, 2011.

1. It was really random, after him calling me a fagot. I'm not even entirely sure why, maybe I replied 'yep' he just kinda asked: 'Are you gay?'.

"Yes."
    "I was being serious... You never deny it when I call you it either." which I was happy he had picked up on, and the fact I had asked to him to stop using that word. But what are you gunna do, right? "You know everyone at the school is going to know right?"
    That one kind of got me. I'm not to sure how I responded but it was somewhere to the point of: don't tell anyone.

Though it's him, for all I know he could have been joking about the entire ordeal, and his tone wasn't too convincing either, it had kind of a sarcasm with a side of asshole thrown in there, so his normal tone. Ah well, if anything I can always come out to him again... seems to be a running theme so far. :bang:

2. olides84

I think you should bring it up more directly with him, because this first convo was the result of name calling and sarcasm and whatever and you have no idea how/where he's gonna take it. So just say you want to talk to him about something important. Say yep, I'm gay, I've told mom so far (accdg to your profile), and want to keep it quiet and come out at my own speed to friends/school/whatever.

3. EM68

You may want to sit down with him and talk to him one on one. Have no TV, PSPS, ipods on so there is no distractions. Then go to him you know how you asked if I was gay and I said yes, it is true. As far as his comment about the people at school will find out, tell him that you want to keep it quiet for now (if that is the case).