1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally Came Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by thedreamwatch, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever accidentally come out to someone before? I just accidentally outed myself to my grandmother. We were talking about when she got married and how it was really rushed, which was a bad idea and I just said "I'm not getting married". And then felt like I couldn't lie when she asked me why...it's not legal.

She took it just fine, but I had no time to prepare so I just mumbled and internally facepalmed my way through it.

Yeesh. I guess this is just how it goes sometimes.

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Congrats on coming out to ur grandmother :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I once accidently started talking to a friend of mine about this guy I liked, thing is... she didn't know I liked boys but I thought I had told her before but I hadn't, so she was like... 0_0, she was okay with it though :/ ( this happened in facebook by the way, which is why I confused her 4 someone else somehow)

#2 Witchcraft, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  3. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!!

I've never accidentally came out to anyone. I was/am way too careful when it comes to this.

4. InaRut

Hahahaha! Congrats. I can imagine that expierence was pretty awkward. Isn't coming out always so, anyways?

I came out to my best friend was I was drunk. He was okay with it.
    and told an old highschool friend I thought this guy was cute while on the dancefloor. But I hadn't told her I was gay yet. O_O

5. Eleanor Rigby

It's great that she took it well anyway :slight_smile: It's always a good thing to have grand-mothers on your side :wink:
    Congratulations for unexpected coming out.

6. peaceandlies

Wow. I've never accidentally come out, and my grandparents would go balistic if they knew. Congrats!

7. hahaha thanks, guys.

Yeah, I came out to my immediate family and friends in December, and since then I've been feeling so empowered that I sometimes forget that I haven't actually shouted it from the rooftops, it just feels like I did.

8. Flyers2011

I accidently came out to a entire lunch table of my friends that didn't know. I had just made these friends and I was sitting with them. They brought up hot guys and I started taling about hot girls. Lol. Awkward.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I accidentally came out in an exam. It was a German oral exam, and I was talking about my volunteer work. I'd planned to just say that I worked for a youth group, but they surprised me by asking what brought the group members together, and all I could think of was the truth - that it's a group for gay and bi teenagers. I got a few raised eyebrows.

10. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

Yes i accidentally came out to this dude that i really liked he was like talking about this girl called Kayleigh and how fit and sexy she was. He asked me what i thought of her and i said oh shes pretty he was like yes she is, then being and idiot this dude went past on a bike who i thought was really sexy and i said i think hes fit by accident lol so my friend reece found out ..... this eventually led to a relationship as he realised he was bi and he was my first boyfriend :grin: but it didnt work out :/ xxx

11. Aeon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We were talking about gay rights and I accidentally went "We were born the way we are" instead of "they". LOL

12. Dave

I do it all the time without thinking these days, it takes more of an effort not to come out than to come out for me now lol

13. This is exactly how I feel!

It's like I'm so into knowing who I am that I forget not everyone knows. That's not exactly what I'm trying to say, but it's close haha

14. RedState

Oh God I accidentally came out to 2 people before.
    I was horribly drunk both times and I freaked out the next day...I had some 'splanin to do.

But both people lived 1,000 miles away and it was cool. I always trusted them...and they have never said a word.

To be honest, I felt kinda relieved...even if it was only 2 people.

15. Nomad187

It wasn't exactly accidental but I came out to like 70+ people plus some of my teachers during a presentation this guy was giving. It was sorta funny because like legit everyone turned to stare at me and I was like yup you know it.

16. I feel like everyone in one of my classes knows I'm gay. And even if they don't, I make it really obvious when I get angry during discussions on gay rights. (It's a contemporary social problems class...haha)

17. Ianthe

I don't think they will necessarily guess just because of that. Straight people can be really astonishingly clueless about gay people sometimes. (Also, there are straight people who get really passionate about gay rights, so it's not a dead giveaway anyway.)

18. Nomad187

Lol these werent just people in my class. there were people from all different grades. And it was like you could hear them all turn and stare and I was like whoa calm down lol

19. ShebbsIsAwesome

I'm planning on "accidentally" coming out, I am finally old enough to donate blood for my school, and the blood drive is next month, so... lookin' forward to that...