1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That was strange...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ethan, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, for this weekend we had a four day break. I planned on coming out to my mother either today or tomorrow, when she would have time over the weekend with my brother gone to process it.
    The thing is, she came into the living room and said "I wanted to talk to you about your sexual orientation." Then she started saying I shouldn't come out at school-- to not be a pariah in my last 4 months-- and stuff.
    I guess she's suspected for a while.
    It's not like I really do my best to hide it.
    But she did tell me to probably stop posting musical lyrics on my Facebook.
    I dunno...
    It was kind of strange feeling. It was very casual...and now it's like nothing is different...
    Next up is my dad, I guess...:confused:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that's one of the more up-front approaches I've seen from a parent. So congrats that it went as well as it did.

But I do have to confess a bit of amusement at her suggestion to stop posting musical lyrics on your fb :slight_smile:

Glad it went so well for you!

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

OMG CONGRATS! :grin: I really hope everything goes well with your that :slight_smile:

4. Beachboi92

my mom was very supportive and did the same thing. All she is worried about is that you will get made fun of or hurt, there is this fear about how you will be treated. You just have to decide what you want to do and go for it. In the end you just tell her "i know your worried for me but i am going to be ok and i need to do this" and just do it wether she supports it or not. If you are ready to do it and want to do it then it will benefit you in a lot of ways but do be prepared that there is going to be a level of backlash.