1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big week

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by matt3208pc, Feb 19, 2011.

1. matt3208pc

Just thought I'd share my experiences from the last week.
    I'd been pretty heavily depressed the past month because of a whole bunch of things, and I was feeling like I was getting nowhere in terms of my sexuality. I came out to one friend 2 years ago at the end of high school, and hadn't told anybody in my life since then.
    Anyway two weeks ago I went on a trip with uni to a remote part of the country to study indigenous issue, culture, etc,. That week changed my life, I don't know how or why, but I returned feeling a whole lot more settled with who I am, not just in terms of my sexuality, but my whole identity in general.
    So the day after I got back I said to myself "screw this, I'm telling people". So a week later I've told all my closest friends, except for one who I plan to tell tonight. The reactions have been all positive, they were all extremely surprised. I'm most happy about the fact that my three closest guy friends, who I'm travelling to Europe with in a few months, are completely cool with it.
    I still have no intention of telling my family anytime soon, as great as my friends have been, my family is a whole other story as they are quite close-minded. But I'm comfortable with where I am at the moment, so just thought I'd share the story, considering how much EC has helped over the years.

2. Paper Heart

Congratulations! It feels great doesn't it :slight_smile:
    Isn't amazing how one experience can change everything we thought about our lives?

3. flymetothemoon

Congratulations! It's always exciting when you realize you are comfortable enough and strong enough to really start coming out to people. Eventually that time will come with your family, but it's okay if it takes a little while. You will talk to them about it when you are ready and when it's safe for you to do so.

4. matthew90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats Matt! Its nice to know that you are feeling great! And I commend you for being proud of who you are and being comfortable with it! And if you ever need advice EC is here for you! PS Good to see more Aussies on EC too!

5. tazzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well done matt, gl with tonite :slight_smile:

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Congratulations :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I wish you all thebest :slight_smile: