1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I may have come out to my entire school...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheDarkerPoet, Feb 20, 2011.

1. TheDarkerPoet

Ok, I'm usually not a very aggressive person. If I get into fights it's because somebody has decided to pick a fight with me, and it's never violent.
    My school is pretty cool about sexual identity and we have a GSA. Still, it's better to be careful about being too open. Only one guy is officially out, and he's never encountered many problems because of it.

A couple days ago one of my friends (a senior, she's gay and pretty hilarious about it) was joking to another about "hooking up" or whatever. I was at my locker, maybe thirty feet away. This kid from my grade (jock-type, pretty muscular) comes up to her and starts using rough language, obviously not meant as a joke. I let this go on, thinking that she has the mindset to kick this guy's ass if she wants to. She ignores him and turns back to her friend.
    This asshole shoves her against the wall and spits in her face. You know that point where all you see is red? Yeah. I was kind of past that by then. I run up to him, manage to get him the hell away from her. He laughs and, I quote, "What, she your girlfriend or something? Is there a fucking normal person in this place?"
    I became very calm and said that if she were, he wouldn't get away with talking shit like that about her again. A crowd was gathered by now. Of course somebody has to start whispering, and soon I can just hear "Omg, they're both gay?" "Cool, dude!" or "That's kinda weird."

:bang: :bang: :bang:

...This is really not at all how I envisioned my grade finding out. I'm open about it, and if anybody asks I would tell them the honest answer. I don't mind if people know, but finding out because of a stupid jerk who is obviously insecure and actually has the indecency to pick fights with girls... not the best way.

Heh, to think I wasn't popular before... now I'm infamous!
    *sigh....* :/

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Tell everyone that he has a small dick.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL Brilliant! Except... that would probably get the crap beaten out of him.

To The Darker Poet:

It sucks when instantaneous acts we do to defend someone inadvertently "out" us to others but in this case, not only is it justified, I think it shows you as someone who doesn't take any shit, which I think is a huge plus.

Some people describe situations like this as though they're suddenly "naked" in front of everyone in that their secret is out... but once you think about it a bit, you realize there's nothing to hide or be ashamed of, so I think when you give it a week, no one will care (and everyone will know, because everyone who saw it willl without a doubt gossip about it to everyone else.)

So the good news is... you don't have to fret about when to come out to everyone. The bad news is, it was pretty much out of your control, and that can feel shitty.

Please keep us up to date on how things transpire at school.

4. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a way that I would actually prefer to come out. I would have happily been the gay guy who stood up to the local douchebag.

I'm sorry to hear, though, that you're unhappy with your "outing". Methinks it will blow over eventually and you can go on with your life. People might even ask, which will give you the opportunity to "out" yourself in the way you'd initially wanted.

5. TheDarkerPoet

Teehee. Hey, I'm sure plenty of people know that already, lol.

I'm glad that he left her alone after that, no matter how it happened. And yeah, I kinda am the resident "I don't take shit" at my school now. Folks are all touchy-feely around me. Feels kinda cool to be a badass dyke. :icon_bigg

That's the thing: I didn't want it to be out of my control. I'm perfectly fine if people ask, but if you're just going to spread rumors and be like "omg she's a total lesbo!!" then fuck you, you know? Coming out should be my decision and should be under my control.

I'm grateful that nobody got hurt (well, maybe dickhead shoulda gotten a little messed up, but he's been thoroughly suspended. My principal is a lesbian. We're taking over) :icon_bigg

6. Wheeley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its good that you defended your friend, but be careful next time. If I were you, I would tell somebody the situation between your friend and that bully. Do not waste your time with him, he wont remember you a year from now anyways. Tell a teacher or principle, anonymously or whatever.

Source: This happened to me.