1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I going too fast?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jonathan24, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jonathan24

Hey, I realized I'm bi about a week or more ago, and I am almost completely sure about it, because I've suspected for a long time.
    I've already told 2 friends, and I feel completely open about it, so I want to tell more people.

My question is this: Is this too fast? Should I take more time to study my sexuality, or is it okay if I'm practically sure to tell people already?

Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan :slight_smile:

2. No One

Only you can know when your ready, and if you think your ready, your ready.

3. Ralivar

I agree. When you come out, how you come out, and who you come out to is all up to you. Everyone is different, but if you are ready then no it isn't too fast. I wish that I could have been so sure, it would have made my life a lot easier.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

What everyone else said. As long as your are comfortable with it then go and enjoy it :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

/Agree with everyone.

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I was worried about that too..
    I'd say give yourself maybe like a few weeks to try and see what things may be like if you are out at your school, at home, etc.
    But be as sure as you can be.

7. Ianthe

Eh, unless you fear reprisals, there's no reason you have to wait to be completely sure. People often keep everything to themselves for a long time out of fear. But unless people are going to give you a lot of grief about it, there's no reason you should wait to tell people. If, later, you decide you were mistaken, you can tell people that, too. Just be honest with people, and it will be fine.

8. Jonathan24

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I guess I'll keep telling since I'm quite sure, and I don't think anyone (important :wink:) is going to give me a hard time about it...

9. Lotty

Well, good for you! And I think it's brave of you. I've only told my best friends, and even with them I was almost crying out of fear.

10. straal1972

Hey Jonathan, on a humorous level, if you tell people your bisexual, then you have the best of all worlds. As Woody Allen said, you double your chances for a date on Saturday night.