1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Arex, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Arex

We were driving home from getting supper this evening, we had gone to the art supplies store near there and we were driving back home and we were talking, it was a friendly talk. He and my mom had broken up this recent year and I was really downed, we talked about that and I was talking about the GSA club at school. So when we almost got back to the apartment I said "Hey dad, even though I have a better relationship with mom I'm more open with you." And he replied with "Well I'm here to listen and I'll always love you no matter what."

So, we get up to the parking lot of the apartment and I just sit there, my heart beating fast and I tell him that I'm bi. Hard thing to say to your father n_n;; But I was surprised with the reaction, though my uncle is gay, he took it quite well, though after I told him there was a slight silence, and he started to cry and tell me that he loves me and whatnot, but to rethink my decision, and I tell him that it's not really something I can change, it's just me. Though I thought he was going to take it a little worse, so... now he knows, time for mother (the psycho bitch! woooo lol...) she won't know any time soon.

#1 Arex, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you! :slight_smile: and, I wish you the best on eventually coming out to your mom! :/

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats! Glad to hear that your that took it well :slight_smile:

4. Artemicion

Congrats! Although your ending made me do a satirical chuckle...GL!

5. Arex

Thanks alot guys, it was a bit hard to come out to him but it was kind of reassuring though, from what he said before.

And ThinksTooMuch, lol yeah, its kind of flip flopped! :confused:

6. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! Congratulations! It's a huge step, telling your parents. Good work! :slight_smile:

7. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your father :slight_smile: I am glad he is loving even if this might have been quite a shock for him.
    You can be proud of yourself (*hug*)