1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my gay cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zec24, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Zec24

So I sent my cousin, who is also gay, an email yesterday asking for advice and well coming out to him.

He told me about his experience, and gave me his number and said we should talk. Its almost scary how similar our experiences have been! I'm so glad I'll actually get to talk to someone who understands me.:icon_bigg

2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

well good for you for coming out and having someone to talk to and relate to

3. xequar

Having someone like a cousin to talk to is so incredibly beneficial! Good for you!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is wonderful that you have this person to talk to! My son did not have anyone and I think he really could have benefited from it.

5. Jim1454

That's great news! Good for you!

6. Louise

I'm really pleased for you, sharing a secret like that is so hard on your own. :kiss:

7. Zec24

Thanks everyone. I actually don't know what took me so long to tell him. Its been over a year and I didn't tell him because I thought it might be awkward or he might have a bad reaction. I know, completely irrational...welcome to my mind.

8. davo-man

Good on you, that's really good that you have someone in real life that you can talk to, as well as the ppl on here...Yay for you!

9. 24601

Congrats Zec, glad to hear more positive news. We always have irrational fears when it comes to situations like that. Whether the person we want to tell is very accepting or not doesn't seem to lessen the anxiety of actually letting him know the truth. At least you managed to do it - one more source of support (which there's never too much of!).